Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to everyone but looks like I'll be changing forums

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone but looks like I'll be changing forums

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here. The information on here has been valuable and will be using it once I start again. My rebuilding journey has taken a dramatic turn and now i have to go down the BK path. Sometimes we need to take a few steps back to get going forward again. It's a small setback in an otherwise long process.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

Re: Thanks to everyone but looks like I'll be changing forums

Wish you the best. I filed BKCPT7 and it was the best decision for me considering my situation. I'm bouncing back from it faster than I thought. Hopefully so will you
CreditOne Platinum:$500/CreditOne American Express $500/Self Secured CC $575

Starting Scores in BK13: EX521,TU537,EX520
Current Scores as of April 2, 23: Waiting on Discharge: EX649,TU608,EX579
Goal Scores: EQ750,TU750,EX750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed in 2007 and quite frankly, I cannot wait until 2017 to see this completely removed from all my CR's. Ten year's is SOOOOOOO much longer than the unbearable seven for most derogs. Think about it, it's almost 50% longer, and not counting your childhood or teenage year's, stays with you for about 1/5th of your entire adulthood. Even to this day, being 8 year's old, it still affects my ability to get some CC's and rent in some places. It's like a very dark cloud that's always there. No matter what you apply for, questions are always asked, and in many cases, regardless of your score, you'll be declined. CH 7 should not be taken lightly, and used in cases where there's absolutely no other way out of debt. In my case, I was involved in a business with a really bad partner and was on the hook for over 2 million in personal guarantees. I had no way of ever paying this debt once we split and the company was dissolved. Not trying to talk you out of it, but letting you know this course of action will follow you for a long time in one way or another. Best of luck.
Message 3 of 5
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Good luck I hope everything gets better.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best of luck to you!

Filing Chapter 13 was one of the hardest things I ever did. Now seven years later I am almost fully recovered. I learned a lot that I brought with me and makes my life better now.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.