Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to everyone here!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone here!

Just wanted to tell everyone thank you for the help! In the last 4 months, I've removed all of the baddies from my report and my score is finally starting to jump! In a moment of weakness (or maybe it was the beer) I apped for a Chase Freedom card a couple of weeks before a took a 5 day trip at the end of September, and promptly forgot all about applying. I was a bit confused when I got a big honking envelope from Chase while I was gone. $2200 limit! I received my first Amex mailer this week too! Talk about temptation. I don't think I need an AmEx for any reason as I'm pretty happy with the BoA Secured Rewards, Cap1 Quicksilver, and Freedom. It's confusing enough to keep track of what card I need to use already.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks to everyone here!

Wow, that is awesome! These forums are a great help for sure! What are your scores looking like now?

Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success, great work Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

congratulation

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't checked my scores on here yet, but Credit Karma has it going from 626-708 from August to today and Credit Sesame from 634-669. CS still is reporting one of the baddies and two closed accounts, so I'm hoping it will jump when it updates. I need to check my reports to make sure they actually came off of all 3.

This truly is a great community and everyone was so sweet to help with my questions back when I thought I was going to be stuck with baddies for the next decade.

I'm back now to start working on my husband's credit Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 8
toi34
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to tell everyone thank you for the help! In the last 4 months, I've removed all of the baddies from my report and my score is finally starting to jump! In a moment of weakness (or maybe it was the beer) I apped for a Chase Freedom card a couple of weeks before a took a 5 day trip at the end of September, and promptly forgot all about applying. I was a bit confused when I got a big honking envelope from Chase while I was gone. $2200 limit! I received my first Amex mailer this week too! Talk about temptation. I don't think I need an AmEx for any reason as I'm pretty happy with the BoA Secured Rewards, Cap1 Quicksilver, and Freedom. It's confusing enough to keep track of what card I need to use already.

Get it while the gettin' is good! You never know, you might need a roomier card one day for emergencies. Sock drawer it until you may need it....there's nothing wrong with that. Congrats!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the chances of getting approved by AmEx? I'm not sure I can handle rejection. Their pre-qual site never gives me anything.

Message 7 of 8
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.