Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to this board - I have late payments removed

tag
darlanurse
Established Member

Thanks to this board - I have late payments removed

Honestly, I had never known before that late payments can be removed from the credit reports until learning about GW letters from this board.  After reading about many successful stories on GW, I decided to send out the GW letters to Macy's and HSBC that I have 30-day late payments with. Less than a week after reaching out to them, it appeared that both Macy's and HSBC removed those baddies out of my credit reports which I found out last night fromt FICO credit alert....I'm so excited :-)

However, there's one remaining 30-day late payment that I have with the credit union which was very recent (Dec' 12).  My request was denied once by their customer service to remove it off from the credit report. I sent another letter via Email to their CEO last Thursday and have never heard anything back from them. Last night, I received an alert that this Credit Union put the "hard inquiry" on my credit report. Does anybody know why do they do this and would that have any affect on my credit scores?

Thank you in advance for all the answers....you guys rock!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Thanks to this board - I have late payments removed

Message 2 of 6
darlanurse
Established Member

Thanks for the answer. I am so new and don't have much of the knowledge about all these credit things. Do you know why they have to pull my credit since I only simply asked them for the "goodwill" adjustment on my report, not applying for the loan? 

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I can only guess to just see your CR and what you have been doing creditwise. 

Message 4 of 6
darlanurse
Established Member

Another question...would that hard inquiry fall off eventually and if not in anytime soon, would it cause me a problem when trying to apply for the home loan in the near future...do you know?

Thanks again for any answer I may get :-)

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Hard inquires impact your score for 1 year and are removed in 2.

Some lenders don't like any inquires others don't care that much.  It depends on the lender.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.