Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks

tag
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Thanks

To those that give me advice on how to handle my yougest daughters BIG NO NO

We were able to reach a settlement in which both parties were treated fairly.

Now my daughter no longer has a cell phone, laptop, computer prividges, a TV, MP3, etc... for a very very LONG time.

also she can't get her driver's license in Feb like she was planning she now has to wait until she is 18!!!

Now I can go back to repairing my credit and my oldest daughters, she got her baddies after she was 18.

Thank you all so much it is so nice to have a place where we can come and talk about credit issues without feeling

like we are being judged or frowned upon. I have been here since 2008 and had to stop my credit repair for a while

since my DH was out of work for so long with slipped discs and other back problems, now I am back at it full steam ahead

so look out 700 club here I come Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Thanks

Your WelcomeSmiley Wink

I don't know why and don't need to know why, you are waiting for your DD to turn 18 before getting her driver's license.

DH and I made our kids wait until they were 18 too. Now the kids are 27 and 32,both say it was a great idea to have them wait

until they were 18. DH and I didnt even help them with their down payments, they had to work and save it up all on their own.

The kids appreciated their cars better that way. 

DD said recently, that she was grateful we made her wait, because at the age of 16 most of her friends that had cares were

in accidents in the first year. Some even had broken bones,some didn't even make it to their 17th birthday. The delay of the

driver's license even made them better drivers, I think. Because both of the kids have never had an accident,since they started

driving.Tickets for other things, that's another story,lol We let them get their driving permit and kept getting it renewed.lol

Yes, I did have to do alittle more driving because they didn't have their license yet, but aleast they are still alive and well.

And there were times that they thad to stay at home, because I couldn't drive them, but they had to understand sometimes

you don't always get what you want. DH  and I couldn't afford the gas, extra money for the car insurance or their down payments.

The kids started to go to work and save their money for the things they wanted.

The kids learned many lessons from this, learn to appreciate the things they bought, because if the lost, broke or didn't take

care of what they bought it would've cost more of their hard working money to replace the item.

Having a drivers license is a privilege, not a constitutional right,that comes with many responsibilities.

It's hard to be a Parent, also hard to be a teen nowadays. 

Hug your kids,let them know you love them, also tell them out loud you love them.Smiley Wink

hoping2rebuild glad you're back on track to getting your finaces in order. Hope your DH back problems are better.

Look forward to seeing you in the 700 club.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Thanks

It's hard to be a Parent, also hard to be a teen nowadays. 

Hug your kids,let them know you love them, also tell them out loud you love them.Smiley Wink

hoping2rebuild glad you're back on track to getting your finaces in order. Hope your DH back problems are better.

Look forward to seeing you in the 700 club.

I tell them everyday that I love them

and out loud.

As far as DH if he has anymore back problems I'm just gonna take him to the vet and have him put down LOL

I am up over 100 points on all my scores but I do expect some up and downs along the way but that's life right

Just waiting on this 5/2011 collection to come off Hosp admitted it was a billing error and it was supposed to have

been removed 2 weeks ago and I am going to PFD TAM on 12/02 so that will be a baddie gone and 125.00 off my UTIL

hoping to see some decent points from those 2 coming off. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.