cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanksgiving! Having credit again is NICE! Thanks everyone!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanksgiving! Having credit again is NICE! Thanks everyone!

Ok - just saying....for the first time in over 7 years I have credit cards.   I vow NOT to get into trouble again.   But since it's Thanksgiving - I wanted to say thanks to everyone and let them know how nice it is having those available. Smiley Very Happy

A couple of things.....

I had to get new tires Smiley Frustrated......I didn't get paid by statement date in full....but will be paid before due date - no interest and was able to spread the cost of tires over 3 paydays this way! Smiley Wink

Thanksgiving dinner.....Usually we end up getting paid on Tues or Wed before Turkey day.....that means major grocery shopping at the last minute (we have 5 kids - 2 foster kids - and their boy/girlfriends, and one grandchild) so it's not a cheap meal, and we provide it ALL. Smiley Happy...Anyway this year we shopped ads, sales, and used a friends employee discount to get everything bought - put it all my the AMEX and will pay next week.   Was sure nice to be able to shop the sales and get it done the weekend ahead of time!  Something we never have been able to do.  

Both items gained me cash back....both things allowed me to do something early, but that I would have been able to do anyway, just more harried....and gave me some freedom to plan the purchases better and not make the holiday so CraZy!  Smiley Tongue

Thank you to all who have helped me out over the last couple of months! Heart

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanksgiving! Having credit again is NICE! Thanks everyone!

It's nice to have options. Well said and nicely done!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Happy Thanksgiving
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How awesome is that! Having a brand new outlook and plan surely makes a difference!!! 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How wonderful, Congratulations ! Happy Thanksgiving ! 

Message 7 of 14
crrredit
Established Contributor

Congrats! It is amazing how having credit can affect our lives in so many large and small ways. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok - just saying....for the first time in over 7 years I have credit cards.   I vow NOT to get into trouble again.   But since it's Thanksgiving - I wanted to say thanks to everyone and let them know how nice it is having those available. Smiley Very Happy

A couple of things.....

I had to get new tires Smiley Frustrated......I didn't get paid by statement date in full....but will be paid before due date - no interest and was able to spread the cost of tires over 3 paydays this way! Smiley Wink

Thanksgiving dinner.....Usually we end up getting paid on Tues or Wed before Turkey day.....that means major grocery shopping at the last minute (we have 5 kids - 2 foster kids - and their boy/girlfriends, and one grandchild) so it's not a cheap meal, and we provide it ALL. Smiley Happy...Anyway this year we shopped ads, sales, and used a friends employee discount to get everything bought - put it all my the AMEX and will pay next week.   Was sure nice to be able to shop the sales and get it done the weekend ahead of time!  Something we never have been able to do.  

Both items gained me cash back....both things allowed me to do something early, but that I would have been able to do anyway, just more harried....and gave me some freedom to plan the purchases better and not make the holiday so CraZy!  Smiley Tongue

Thank you to all who have helped me out over the last couple of months! Heart

It's great that credit is helping you this way and you know how to make it work for you. Anyone with 5 kids, foster kids & grandkids deserves all the help they can get!

Very nice post. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us.  Approvals are great, but knowing that this has made your family's life better is so rewarding.  Keep up the good work..and have a wonderful holidaySmiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.