Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That OMG Feeling...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

That OMG Feeling...

So, this morning around 6am-ish I thought about buying something with my Fingerhut account when I thought...OMG I missed the due date! I was on the train freaking out. I couldn't get my phone to load the website fast enough. I was so caught up in whatever I have going on that it completely slipped my mind. 30Seconds went by and my account page is loading. I promise it felt like I was sweating buckets. Page loads  Amount Due: $58.56  Minimum Amount Due: $18.68 Due Date: 08/27/2015...I nearly cried. After seeing that I set up for the payment to come out automatically for this month. 

(sigh) has anyone else ever had that mini/ginormous panic attack?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: That OMG Feeling...

@Anonymous wrote:

So, this morning around 6am-ish I thought about buying something with my Fingerhut account when I thought...OMG I missed the due date! I was on the train freaking out. I couldn't get my phone to load the website fast enough. I was so caught up in whatever I have going on that it completely slipped my mind. 30Seconds went by and my account page is loading. I promise it felt like I was sweating buckets. Page loads  Amount Due: $58.56  Minimum Amount Due: $18.68 Due Date: 08/27/2015...I nearly cried. After seeing that I set up for the payment to come out automatically for this month. 

I loathe automatic payments, but religiously pay any bills on payday that are due before the next payday. Glad you got it in time!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like them either. But sometimes it's easier. Especially when you have a lot on your plate and tend to forget.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, you had me thinking back when! Smiley Very Happy  I do remember that!  Since coming on here, I have all accounts set to autopay but you know I still check them out once a month to be sure!  Smiley Wink  Glad everything was fine.

Message 4 of 15
MissMc89
New Contributor

Yes! Aw man, you took me back. I finally took the plunge and set up most of my accounts for automatic payment. What's funny is that I check my Cap 1 accounts (the only ones with balances) maybe every other day and pay when I get my paychecks anyway. This forum has shown me how important it is to stay on top of my credit.

Message 5 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Nope... never have.  

I keep my bills on a spreadsheet that I look at every payday.  Never missed a payment... never forgotten a payment.

I pay all my bills manually... no automatic payments.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

Nope... never have.  

I keep my bills on a spreadsheet that I look at every payday.  Never missed a payment... never forgotten a payment.

I pay all my bills manually... no automatic payments.

👍👍

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMc89 wrote:

Yes! Aw man, you took me back. I finally took the plunge and set up most of my accounts for automatic payment. What's funny is that I check my Cap 1 accounts (the only ones with balances) maybe every other day and pay when I get my paychecks anyway. This forum has shown me how important it is to stay on top of my credit.

This forum has def helped me learn many things. I set my CC payments around my paydays. Just fixed my calendar to include all due dates. 

Message 8 of 15
J91605
Frequent Contributor

I have become OCD about it. I look at my accounts every morning before work, and every night before I go to sleep. Sometimes in the middle of the day. Overkill? Absolutely! But I don't want anything to do with that feeling or the one when you really did miss your due date.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happened to me a few times. Now I have everything on auto via my bank (DCU) so I never have to worry about it. 

In a short span of time I added eight bills to my current lineup, so its been a learning curve to juggle em. Thanks to some advice here I have got a good system now. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.