Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's one for me!

tag
JP1968
Valued Member

That's one for me!

I have been fighting the guarantor of my student loan (GA Higher Ed) about a TL on EX and TU showing that I was in collections and owed $2561.  After them not returning calls then requiring me to jump through hoops to get this fixed, I gave up and just disputed to EX and TU yesterday.  I got a response from EX just now and the TL is being deleted! 

This was an actual mistake on their part as this loan was consolidated, but I couldn't get them to fix it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JP1968
Valued Member

Re: That's one for me!

So I've been reallly impatient and wondering what score increase this may cause... I really don't want to pay to pull at this point (waiting on a few other things).  I looked at Credit Karma to see what it showed and it only increased by 4 points.  I know that is what it was for because it showed my credit going down by the same $ amount as the loan.  Anyone have any thoughts on how close to accurate Credit Karma is?

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: That's one for me!

@JP1968 wrote:

So I've been reallly impatient and wondering what score increase this may cause... I really don't want to pay to pull at this point (waiting on a few other things).  I looked at Credit Karma to see what it showed and it only increased by 4 points.  I know that is what it was for because it showed my credit going down by the same $ amount as the loan.  Anyone have any thoughts on how close to accurate Credit Karma is?

Getting a collection removed will help your FICO score, although how much it helps will depend on what other negative accounts are showing on your credit reports.

FAKO scoring rules are completely different from FICO scoring, so you really can't correlate the two.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.