Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best Service Company

tag
chrisp76
Established Member

The Best Service Company

I need some advise...I've been reading and reading but find myself some what confused.  Below is my situation on one of the many accounts I currently have in negative standing on my credit reports:

The Best Service Company (CA) has sent me letters asking that I pay Golden 1 Credit Union $300 that was taken into collection September 2008.  I talked to them over the phone and let them know that the only way I would pay in full would be if they send me a letter stating they will delete the negative marks on my credit reports once they receive my money order.  The representative said they would not send a letter, but they will delete once they receive my payment, that they would delete by end of April if the payment is received by next week.  I am very desperate to start clearing up my credit report.  How much can you trust a CA? What can I do on my end if they are not agreeing to send things in writing?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Best Service Company

I'm still pretty new to this, but, I would say as other will chime in I'm sure, Send a DV letter to the CA cmrrr and validate the debt first. Do not talk to the CA on the phone again. Wait for the green card and validation if any before you proceed. A DV in some cases may prompt a delete in and of itself.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Send a DV even if you think you owe it. If they verify and you agree with it, then send a PFD.

Never trust a CA.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they refuse to send you a PFD agreement prior to your payment, then dont expect CR deletion should you pay without one.  They will use words that may make you believe they will delete, but all they will probably do is delete the continued reporting of unpaid debt by updating the CA status to paid.  That wont help your CR.

And certainly, the CA has no authority to delete anything previously reported by the OC.

If the CA has been collecting for a while now, and they provided you prior dunning notice more than 30-days ago, then they have no obligation to respond to any DV letter, or to cease active collection activity should you now send a DV letter.  You can still DV, but they dont have to respond.

A CA has absolutely no obligation to respond to a conditional offer to pay, which is what a PFD offer is.  So you have no grounds to compel written response to any PFD offer.

Message 4 of 6
Will_Do

Chris, what ever became of this?

Starting Score: 627
Current Score: 634
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Will_Do wrote:

Chris, what ever became of this?

OP hasn't been on since 2010. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.