cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CA refuses to accept a PFD now what!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA refuses to accept a PFD now what!

So i faxed a PFD letter to the CA offering more than the balance that is do and she responds by saying that "they will not not settle. and that i can pay the full amount but it will remain on my account as paid in full and not deleted" I dont understand what the problem is because i offered to pay in full not a settlement so now I want to know what i should do next. should I do a DV or a Dispute or what? 
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The CA refuses to accept a PFD now what!

What is the debt for and what is your SOL?   Is the OC reporting?  Did you DV before PFD.

Everything should always be in writting not fax.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 04-07-2009 09:48 AM
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many CA's do not accept PFD's, or only on a case by case basis.  You can keep offering.

Depending on what the details are for this account, you might eventually have to decide if you want to pay the debt even if it won't help your score.  Just remember there are lots of ways that this unpaid debt can continue to hurt your score . . .

Message 3 of 23
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

How do you know that you legally owe them?

Is it within SOL?

What state do you live in? Most likely your DV will not be considered timely and will be ignored.

How much is the debt, and can you afford to pay?

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC is for Armondo Montellego but it is being reported by North American Recovery (N.A.R) they say the balance is $267 I offered$270.Im not sure what the SOL but this is a recent account that just showed up on my report and since I am closing on a house and dont need anything hurting that I offered a PFD. So paying this off will not help my score? what if i asked to speak with a Manager? I used a PFD leter I found here on the forum.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in TX. I can afford to pay but why bother paying in full if it wont help my score. She says they will not take a partial payment but I the she is just trying to play tough.
Message 6 of 23
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

I don't see any reason why you can't call and ask for a manager- Phone calls are a big NO with collection agencies- but in this case with such a small amount- I don't see any harm.

Keep this in mind- don't admit you owe anything to NAR- tell them you will pay it- but only if they delete the tradeline. If they agree ask for it in writing. How long ago did this debt take place?

Message Edited by moondog7324 on 04-07-2009 10:19 AM
Message 7 of 23
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Good that you can PIF and also live in Texas. Well, atleast for credit repair Smiley Happy

Id suggest that you try and examine your credit reports very closely and look for any errors/violations in reporting.

Are you absolutely sure about the balance being accurate? Is the CA licensed and bonded to collect in Texas?

If you haven't acknowledged the debt in your PFD and actually stated otherwise, you could DV the CA.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I only got on the phone after I had faxed in the PFD letter I already said in the letter and on the phone that "this is not my debt but just want to get it off my credit". I just dont see why a CA wouldn't accept a PFD when they get there money in full.

Hey thanks nothingman02, i am not sure about the balance but how can i find out if they are licensed to collect here? and how can i spot errors/violations on my report?

Message 9 of 23
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

There are reasons why CAs and OCs resufe PFDs but thats another thread. You could look up your state resources. There are stickies at the top of these forums which contain a lot of information and will help you with these questions.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.