Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CMI Group - PFD Issues.

tag
marvoyager
Established Member

The CMI Group - PFD Issues.

Long time lurker, first time poster -

First, my thanks to everyone for the positive vibs and excellent source of material for my rebuilding needs.

So I had this old account with what was then AT&T Home Entertainment - when we returned their equipment  they said I was missing one of the internal auth cars or some such.  I contested, talked, sent letters, the whole works with them. I finally agreed to pay them off but just (and I mean literally) before I sent the check they referred it to collections and it hit my CR on Experian only. All of my scores with the other two CRA's is over 700 but this one stays around 670, probably because of this mark.

I've contacted The CMI Group (in TX) and i've done multiple PFD's letters and called and the works, but they say that they won't do a PFD "due to contractual obligations from the original creditor" - not sure if that sure is legit? Thoughts? I can't find any evidence to support that clam, but then again, they don't have to prove it to me.

So my next thought is to send a "by cashing this check letter" and certified funds - hoping that they mistakenly cash it and here in TX, they're bound to the provisional letter.

So if that doesn't work, should I just go ahead and pay it to at least get the balance to zero? Thoughts?

If it's at zero, i'm presuming that even if it's listed as a Collections that would help the score boost until it comes off (March 2013). I can then pepper them with GW letters to hopefully get that done.

So what say you?

My Thanks.

Starting Score: 625 EX, 630 EQ. 610 TU
Current Score: 703 EX, 711EQ, 715TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: The CMI Group - PFD Issues.

A CA does not have to provide any reason for refusing a PFD offer.  In fact, they dont even have nto respond.

PFDs are private negotiations, and failure to accept a PFD offer is not something you can contest.

Payment of a debt, either with the OC, or in your case a debt collector, never carries with it any provision for deletion of prior, accurate credit reporting,  FICO scores collections in your CR the same, whether paid or unpaid.

Message 2 of 3
marvoyager
Established Member

Re: The CMI Group - PFD Issues.

Thanks Robert - that's what i'm finding out.

I also posted this and found a long thread on CMI that's giving me some guidance.

Starting Score: 625 EX, 630 EQ. 610 TU
Current Score: 703 EX, 711EQ, 715TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.