Established Member

The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

When I look at my 3 reports side by side, or all together off TrueCredit site.
For the most part they all say the same thing. same tradelines, same accounts.
Now my CU America First says they only report to one CRA, EXP.
But TU and EQ have most all the same info.

How?

I have been told that the big three don't share their info.

Yes?
No?

For example I have the very troublesome 30 day late on a closed heloc from last Jan.
It's still on the EXP report. It was on the TU and EQ reports, I disputed and they seem to have disappeared. But Am 1st says they only reported to EXP....

Curious...

Dane V
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

The CRAs do NOT share!!!   Some creditors only report to 1 or 2 CRAs  some to all three.

There are times when the creditor reports the same info. to all 3 and something happens & they do not all show the same info.

The CU might have been reporting to all 3 at the time that you started. Look at the report date....that will tell you when they last reported.
Valued Contributor

Re: The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

I was told by my finance company that Equifax owned Transunion and Experian! Which at the time i believed it, but after reading here i dont think they do!
Moderator Emeritus

Schoolbuskid wrote:
I was told by my finance company that Equifax owned Transunion and Experian! Which at the time i believed it, but after reading here i dont think they do!

LOL. That is funny. I actually heard someone else post that one before. Where did he/she get that information?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.