Established Member
danev2

The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

When I look at my 3 reports side by side, or all together off TrueCredit site.
For the most part they all say the same thing. same tradelines, same accounts.
Now my CU America First says they only report to one CRA, EXP.
But TU and EQ have most all the same info.

How?

I have been told that the big three don't share their info.

Yes?
No?

For example I have the very troublesome 30 day late on a closed heloc from last Jan.
It's still on the EXP report. It was on the TU and EQ reports, I disputed and they seem to have disappeared. But Am 1st says they only reported to EXP....

Curious...

Dane V
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

The CRAs do NOT share!!!   Some creditors only report to 1 or 2 CRAs  some to all three.

There are times when the creditor reports the same info. to all 3 and something happens & they do not all show the same info.

The CU might have been reporting to all 3 at the time that you started. Look at the report date....that will tell you when they last reported.
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

Re: The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

I was told by my finance company that Equifax owned Transunion and Experian! Which at the time i believed it, but after reading here i dont think they do!
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Schoolbuskid wrote:
I was told by my finance company that Equifax owned Transunion and Experian! Which at the time i believed it, but after reading here i dont think they do!

LOL. That is funny. I actually heard someone else post that one before. Where did he/she get that information?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+