cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

tag
danev2
Established Member

The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

When I look at my 3 reports side by side, or all together off TrueCredit site.
For the most part they all say the same thing. same tradelines, same accounts.
Now my CU America First says they only report to one CRA, EXP.
But TU and EQ have most all the same info.

How?

I have been told that the big three don't share their info.

Yes?
No?

For example I have the very troublesome 30 day late on a closed heloc from last Jan.
It's still on the EXP report. It was on the TU and EQ reports, I disputed and they seem to have disappeared. But Am 1st says they only reported to EXP....

Curious...

Dane V
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

The CRAs do NOT share!!!   Some creditors only report to 1 or 2 CRAs  some to all three.

There are times when the creditor reports the same info. to all 3 and something happens & they do not all show the same info.

The CU might have been reporting to all 3 at the time that you started. Look at the report date....that will tell you when they last reported.
Message 2 of 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: The CRA's say they don't share info, but how do they all get the same sort of info?

I was told by my finance company that Equifax owned Transunion and Experian! Which at the time i believed it, but after reading here i dont think they do!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Schoolbuskid wrote:
I was told by my finance company that Equifax owned Transunion and Experian! Which at the time i believed it, but after reading here i dont think they do!

LOL. That is funny. I actually heard someone else post that one before. Where did he/she get that information?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.