cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dirty Tricks of Reporting Collection Items on your Credit Report - Midland, Portfolio etc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Dirty Tricks of Reporting Collection Items on your Credit Report - Midland, Portfolio etc

Hello,

Are you still helping people with data?

Message 41 of 44
Headpin2010

Re: The Dirty Tricks of Reporting Collection Items on your Credit Report - Midland, Portfolio etc

Also looking for help fighting PRA.
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Are you still helping people with data?

This member has not logged in since May. You should start your own thread for answers.
Message 43 of 44
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Headpin2010 wrote:
Also looking for help fighting PRA.

I know it sucks to hear this, but the only way to fight this is to send an intent to sue letter to the collection company and the respective credit bureaus.  If that doesn't work then write up an actual lawsuit and send that out via fax.  That has worked for me on multiple occassions (I did not have to actually file the lawsuit).  You can search the internet for many examples of lawsuits.

Hope this helps.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.