cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dirty Tricks of Reporting Collection Items on your Credit Report - Midland, Portfolio etc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Dirty Tricks of Reporting Collection Items on your Credit Report - Midland, Portfolio etc

Harley ---

Because i am sure, that this is a universal problem - and, I have been succesful challenging both MidalandAssett Management and Equifax, and then with the CFPB --- I will be glad to help you. 

Please PM me your reports directly from the CRA's - not from Karma, or Sesame - and I will be glad to draft your dispute for you. Hide your personal details.

All I ask ---- is that when you get this resolved --- you share your sucessess to show people --- It is simply in the data. 

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Dirty Tricks of Reporting Collection Items on your Credit Report - Midland, Portfolio etc

I sent you a PM. I have another collection on my report and it reports TOTALLY different than midland. My date since last late was more than 3 years ago if manually looking at my report if you take midland out of the mix. Midland knocks it down to 26 months because of their reporting.
Message 12 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shared :-)

Please let us all know what happens with your disputes - this is bigger than me - and its only, done by certian larger debt collectors, and they and everyone else should know it. 

Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO I needed to make sure that everyone - understood my stance on this issue. 

The original creditor - is allowed to share that ONE field - the date for the first delinquency, and of course the Original Creitor. 

In our example, the OC - desnt even exist,. RED FLAG 

In this example - the Deliniquency date - cannot then be verified because, there is no OC - and at time the OC has fallen off. 

This -- in incomplete and then inaccurate reporting --- simple as that. 

Follow this thread so all of the people who see this - got help - and then now understand the devil isin the data - share with you what it is all - really about. 

@thecreditwhispere coming soon......................................

Message 14 of 44
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 623(a)(5) details a statutory procedure for establishing a legitimately reportable date of first delinquency by a debt collector under cirecumtances where there is no reporing by the original creditor and the debt collector has made a reasonable effort to contact the OC to get that data.

It is not always all about the data.  Under some circumstances where the factual date cannot be obtained, the law permits the use of reasonable presumption.

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 16 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1.....interesting....

Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Central Financial Control is getting on my nerves. Can you help with them. They reporting " LATE" on my EX

Message 18 of 44
Onlinecreditnewbie2
Contributor

OK --- so I have spent the last 3 weeks trying to get my original account - that was mysteriously locked, unlocked. Unfortunately that account was a posting only account, which apparently is not like the others, soooo..........It's still locked. 

That's not stoppng me though - ans notifications still go to my email :-). 

I am hoping to reach out to all who replied to my original postings....just under this new user ID. 

Kento -- I will be glad to help - please inbox me the raw (from the priginal credit report from the CRA's, and I will give you the details. 

Message 19 of 44
Onlinecreditnewbie2
Contributor

RobertEG - I still, challenge you to take an existing tradeline from a Debt Collector - a sample is above, and then - tell the readers what is wrong with "HOW" its reporting, what it really means - and then how to dispute it.

Lets not delve into FCRA - sadly, the consumers are past the initial complaint steps - its about what DATA is in that system. 

Then - explain why, their reports dont look like the oneEquifax published, well - that is if you can find it. I did - thats what drove me into the world of credit data --- 

Google - Sample Equifax Credit report - select the first result from xxxxxxx.GOV, that one comes from equifax itself - and on PAGE 21 - is what its supposed to look like. Anything else -- is simple garbage. 

If you can some up with a response, help us all uderstand why it is this way for the larger Debt Collection agencies, and then - not for others. 

I think - well, no --- I know, that that data and the way in which it resides, does the intentional infliction of as much damage to the report and score, on purpose. 

Even when you look at it - it seams reasonable - but when you dive into the details of the data - it is all about the data. Simply put. 

1. There is absolutely no default schema in the industry standard Metro 2 file - that simply means their file publishes exactly what it gets - good, bad indeiffrent and with very little validation on the data when it reaches the CRA

2. Any debt collector is asked to "Self Identify", themselves as a debt collector - if they do not - they no longer have 10 fields they can report, with the minimal fields allowed ---- instead they can instead report and provide the Credit Grantors whole tradeline's attribiutes. 

3. As part of any technology product that follows simple, uncomplex SDLC, someone - would have tested the data and ensured that it resulted in expected results. I believe, they get their expected results. 

4. There are millions of consumers, with a debt collector masquarading on their reports, as a Credit Grantor - where credit has been extended - and then, as if this account has been sitting in collections, for years.

5. Even when you pay them - sadly, its still in a state of why does it look like this? My score is down 100 points for 1, or heck 2 tradelines?

I call bullsh&&.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.