Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dreaded Score Lull

tag
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

The Dreaded Score Lull

My score has been annoyingly stagnant for about a month and a half, both good and bad, I suppose.  I lost one point due to applying for two credit cards as a means of thickening my rebuilding arsenal.  I was approved for both and it's going to make my util. go from 15% to <1%, so that's a plus. 

While trying to get all of my baddies removed it seems like I just end up going in circles most of the time.  I paid off a CapOne debt a few months back but they were posting the $9 interest as past due, so I ended up with a late ding.  Disputed that but they wouldn't remove the TL (for accuracy) by email/phone, so I sent off a letter.  Had a "successful" GW of a medical bill but they never updated my account, so I disputed that.  They updated to say Paid Collection, but that doesn't do me any good, does it?  Haha, so I emailed again to request a deletion.

I think I'm just going to start hitting these companies with GWs left and right.  LVNV, CapOne, HSBC and Kohl's are my targets but hopefully having the additional TLs will help establish some history while I'm fighting everything else off.

Anyone else stuck in a score lull?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: The Dreaded Score Lull

Alul doesnt even cover it.  Just got first cc card in oct 11 on time in full 300 limit TR clean file EQ one dispute waiting on to be removed then clean fileEX one baddie Collection will start letter soon to CA and one judgement to remove .  My Scores fako 1/26/12  EQ650 EX641TR639   4/5/12  EQ 683 EX652 and now no TR score tese fakos from Identity guard Credit Karma 707 ACCORDING to Identity guard it sees my card open as only 5 months so no fako score waiting for 4/20/12 for CR to be updated. Then ficos then an AU on two very old cards then FICO again and if that isnt a lull I dont know what is!!!Smiley LOLHang in there!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 5
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

In my dealings with LVNV a BBB complaint gets them to back down.

Message 3 of 5
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

What did you use the BBB for with them?  All of my stuff is paid, I just want it removed from my reports.

Message 4 of 5
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

I didnt pay them, I filed a complaint with the BBB because they wouldn't respond to my validation request, they then deleted it from my report and I paid the OC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.