Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The FTC is completely shut down

tag
ndkblondie
Contributor

The FTC is completely shut down

I was doing research on identity theft and the link to ftc didn't work... here is what it says:

Unfortunately, the Federal Trade Commission is closed due to the government shutdown.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: The FTC is completely shut down

Not totally surprised by this,

No budget = no paychecks = no workers to work (really, who is going to work for free?)

What you'll start seeing creep up in the news is how it's affecting senior citizen centers, head start programs for kids and any other federally funded programs.

But Congress themselves, still get a check.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 5
ndkblondie
Contributor

Pretty ridiculous, they are just making a point to shut down existing material on websites instead of just not updating or adding any new content.  I wonder what's going to happen to all the complaints in process, I have three in process at CFPB.  Do the collection agencies win again by not having to comply with the investigations and imposed deadlines?  Fantastic.

Message 3 of 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Typically,

The FTC does not investigate consumer complaints. If they get enough noise about a particular business, they may or may not investigate.

As for the CFPB, I don't know how they are affected.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 5
ndkblondie
Contributor

CFPB webiste is still up, not sure if they are actively still working.  May need to call and see if you can get a person.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.