cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Home Depot/CITI acct. PIF results in 29 point drop to EQ score!!!

tag
Ned505
Contributor

The Home Depot/CITI acct. PIF results in 29 point drop to EQ score!!!

OK, My Home Depot CC went bad in 2008 and I fell behind.  Lost income for eight months.  After not paying anything I negotiated a reduced rate and agreed to pay $104 / month until PIF.  I did that.  In February with funds from my tax return I paid it off.  Zero balance.  I then at back and waited for the bump in the score.  Well to my shock I got an alert grom EQ here on myfico.com and to my dismay they changed the reporting status.

They changed it from Paying as agreed -to- At least more than 120 days past due and than four payments past due.  !!

It took me down by 29 points. 

Those missed payment were in 2007 and early 2008.  But my score had been inching up all through that time as I "scrubbed" and "cleaned" my reports. 

Would they change that status as a result of completing the payment plan and Paying In Full?

I filed on-line disputes with all three (TU, EQ and EX) and I called the CITI and sent a dispute letter with them. 

There are no other accounts that could have had such a large negative impact.  And it was very clear that the status cheange was the result. 

This is very frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
honky
Regular Contributor

Re: The Home Depot/CITI acct. PIF results in 29 point drop to EQ score!!!

That stinks.  Id be pretty upset.  Hopefully someone has some good advice and you can recover some of that

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 2 of 3
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Home Depot/CITI acct. PIF results in 29 point drop to EQ score!!!

I wish you had asked before diputing. I would say to GW them. Since you paid in full, they might be open to removing the late pays. However, disputing is probably not going to put them in a loveable mood. I'd still give it a shot. And, maybe it give it a month or so and GW again. ..and again...til they do or it falls off.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.