Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Last Troublesome Negative

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: The Last Troublesome Negative

Plus, they may ask you on the application to list any outstanding  debt, so you'd be providing false information if you don't list debt that is legit and not paid, even if it's not on your credit report. 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
They can see everything for the past 10 yrs if they pull a full factual report which they can for loans over 150,000. Most don't use this unless jumbo loan as it is expensive .

Yea, that's why I said it's unlikely.

Message 12 of 22
jjbryant3
New Contributor

if it's not on your report due to age, why would you have to say it's unpaid debt? couldn't you just say you don't owe that debt? i'm not sold on someone seeing something that has been removed from your file. What's the point in removing if it can still be seen. Where is it after it's been removed? first time hearing that.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been rebuilding for almost two years now. The first eighteen months was steady progress, and I got all lates and collections paid and deleted. I was hitting 700 across the board. Then an old ghost from 2012 reported a collection on all three of my reports. The CA is JH Portfoliio, and they have told me a few times PFD is not an option. I've gone back to the OC BofA, and they can't do anything. The collection is only a little over $1,000 which I can just pay off. My main concern is getting it removed. My scores have all been stuck back at 670 now. It's very frustrating. I'm considering trying Lexington Law, but I'm not sure if they can help.

I'm sure this great community will have some good advice! It's looking like this is the last hurdle to getting back to a respectable 700+

I would try them.   As long as it's one thing, they cannot lead you on and take too much of your $$$$.  They should let you know then if it can or can't be done. 

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

lowkeyorca wrote:

Sbrooks1 wrote:
They can see everything for the past 10 yrs if they pull a full factual report which they can for loans over 150,000. Most don't use this unless jumbo loan as it is expensive .

A mortgage is a jumbo loan,  so it is likely that they'll pull it

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jjbryant3 wrote:

if it's not on your report due to age, why would you have to say it's unpaid debt? couldn't you just say you don't owe that debt? i'm not sold on someone seeing something that has been removed from your file. What's the point in removing if it can still be seen. Where is it after it's been removed? first time hearing that.

Just because the debt falls off your credit report doesn't mean that you don't owe that debt anymore, you'll owe it until the day you die if left unpaid.  When something falls off your credit report it does not mean that it is removed from the history of time. 
Theres more to your credit profile than just the regular credit reports that you get free access to once a year.  
Applying for a mortgage is a whole other ballgame than applying for $5000 in credit.  The lender wants to make sure that their investment is protected from liens being placed on it by others that you already owe debt too.  You don't have to believe any of this if you don't want to,  it doesn't mean it's not true
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that I learn something new everytime I read up or post on this board.  I've read extensively about revolving credit line and credit score, but just a little on mortgages so far.  It seems there is a consensus that a mortgage in NYC is going to cause the lender to pull a 10 year report where they will see this collection in question.  So it seems my plan of action is:

1. Contact collection agency and pay the minimal amount for them to mark it as paid.

2. Get early exclusions from the credit agencies when possible.

3. Enjoy the score bump!

Please let me know if anyone disagrees with the above steps.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sbrooks1 wrote:

A mortgage is a jumbo loan,  so it is likely that they'll pull it

It depends entirely on the lender, and I am a software engineer, and was in the real estate industry for 10 years and every LO I know says that they have never pulled one. I live in SoCal where ALL the loans are over 150k.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for their help!  I've succesfully already gotten the EE from EX and TU.  EQ is being stubborn as had been reported on numerous posts.  I'll keep trying but worst case it will fall off January 2017.  Finally going to be back in the 700's and hopefully staying there until hitting 800's!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone for their help!  I've succesfully already gotten the EE from EX and TU.  EQ is being stubborn as had been reported on numerous posts.  I'll keep trying but worst case it will fall off January 2017.  Finally going to be back in the 700's and hopefully staying there until hitting 800's!

Congrats!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.