Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Providian->WaMu->Chase issue: attempted CRA online dispute

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

The Providian->WaMu->Chase issue: attempted CRA online dispute

Well, my stupidity, and impatience have ticked off Chase/Midland....lol.

For the few that are confused about a Chase card (CO) showing on their reports, but don't remember having one, just search your records, and sit on your hands before doing impulsive correction attempts online. I failed to recognize this Chase listing on my reports as an old Providian, so I did the quick click,click,clicking of the CRA's online disputing.,... ooooppps.

Not only has Midland been ringing my phone hourly since the "verification," but Chase even managed to tell me it's in their hands( by means of the post office), and well preserved (as they even managed to dig up my original application/photocopied it)....

I'm not worried...I know what's coming now.

For my fellow credit enthusiasts (in Illinois), that are looking for the difinitive SOL details for our lovely overtaxed state.

Illinois Appellate Court. The case of Portfolio Acquisitions v. Feltman, No. 1-07-3004 (May 20, 2009) held that the five-year statute of limitations applies for a complaint by debt collector against defendant for collection of credit card account balance.

....I'm ready to play, Midland.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

Re: The Providian->WaMu->Chase issue: attempted CRA online dispute

Go get 'em.  I love a well informed consumer :-) 

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.