cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Road So Far... (G/F Edition)

tag
mdburpo

The Road So Far... (G/F Edition)

My credit repair journey is way overdue. I had intentions of doing it years ago, but it never happened due to a lot of personal life factors. Now, however, I'm a couple of years free of a divorce and starting my life with someone new and worthwhile. We're clearing up her reports along with mine, and on hers, we're down to 4-5 entries on each. She's kept a pretty clean report when you consider everything, especially that she never paid attention to credit reports. Mine is a completely different story, that's due for it's own post soon!

HERS

Capitol One - $921 Past Due - $771 High Balance - $300 Limit - Opened 01/23/2007 - DOFD 11/2009 - Reporting on TU/EX/EQ

I don't have a plan of attack on this outside repeated PFD's.

CitiBank/Fingerhut - $0 Balance - $0 Past Due - $373 High Balance - $300 Credit Limit - Date Opened 09/01/2007 - Date of Last Actv. 01/2010 - Account Transferred or Sold - Reporting on TU/EQ

Marked Pays/Paid as agreed, no lates, etc.

MetaBank/Fingerhut - $0 balance - $300 Credit Limit - Date Opened 09/17/2007 - DOFD 01/2010 - Charge Off Amount $442 - Account Transferred ot Sold - Reporting on TU/EQ

The accounts are esssentially the same account, it seems, as they both report from the same address...

FCO - Collection - $369 - Date Reported 08/2013 - Assigned 05/2013 -  - Reporting on TU/EX/EQ

Offered PFD, they sent a copy of the "damages" bill for cutting up a leftover pullout sofa bed and repainting the apartment. Also included a copy of the "lease" or rental agreement. We never got forwarded any final bill on this when she moved in, nor did she receive a dunning letter from FCO when they were assigned the debt. Send a PIF for recall from collections to the apartment management office, they responded with a letter starting I can pay them for the full amount via check/money order/cashier's check at the office, but did not mention recalling the debt. Sent a follow up PFD to FCO as well. Waiting on a response to the last, as of today, it hasn't been delivered according to CMRR tracking.

Child Support - $10k - reported 03/2014 - Reporting on EX

Simple couldn't pay because the other kid's dad wasn't paying his support. In the process of rectifying and have started making weekly payments, She had to make a small lump sum recently to avoid a operator's license suspension but nothing was stated about making arrears payments. This is listed as a "charge off" on the report.

The CA's are smelling blood in the water it seems. Now, we got a dunning letter from a company last week regarding the Fingerhut account and another one for the Cap One account.. A quick call to Fingerhut and they say they've sold the debt, not assigned. Fired off DV's immediately in response to the dunning letters.

She's got a BoA Secured on the way with  $300 limit. Gonna track down a couple of good CU's and try to get a graduating secured card through them as well. I'm trying to avoid cards like First Premier, even though she has one sitting on the table waiting on the $95 processing fee. YUCK.

For the time being, I've decided for her remaining accounts, no delete then no money. Any suggestions on pushing these OC's off the reports? She can't talk well on the phone, as she gets nervous, so she has to verbally authorize me and let me do the smooth talking. Fingerhut won't let her verbally authorize and say they need written consent, a license and a signature to talk to me. No dice. Not sending them proof of her identity nor giving them a signature. As far as FCO, it's fresh and they seem to have their validation in order.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.