Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Road to 751: My 3 month update

tag
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

The Road to 751: My 3 month update

Hello Everyone.  It's now been 3 months since I really started the active rebuilding of my credit by applying.  It is amazing that while cleaning up your report will give you a boost, getting a new line of credit can give you the same effect.

In May, my lowest score was Experian at 651.  In August, Experian is now my highest score of the bunch at 716.  Since May, I've acquired a new car lease, a revolving CC with US Bank for 2k and a Saks card for 2K. I'm looking to add another store card and hopefully 2 more revolving lines from my credit union and from the issuing bank of my car.  I will know by the end of the month.  So far Experian has taken the most hits with a total of 7 inquiries. Equifax has only 2 or 3.

For now, I am pleased; I tried to recon Bank of America but no dice there, so I will not be pursuing them at all.  I opened a Bluebird account and will make that my new primary account.  Hopefully, Amex will take note and in a year I can apply for one of their cards. Amex, Wells Fargo and US Bank are the only banks I've haven't burned in any way. 

Looking forward to the next update in November to see if I pass the 720 mark with all 3 bureaus.  Onwards!

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StarsFan

Re: The Road to 751: My 3 month update

Hey! Congrats on the progress! It is always encouraging to see others success!

Keep up the good work!

;-)

9/25/12 - EX: 524 - TU: 515 - EQ: 521 FAKO
Current - EX: 627 - TU: 600 - EQ: 572 FAKO
Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats your doing a wonderful job

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You are doing excellent! Your scores are moving up fast.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.