Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Road to Better Credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Road to Better Credit...

Sure thing- no plans on using that Cred One card. After all, I've got three lovely Cap1 cards (not that I'd be using them very much either, however I'd use them over the Cred One any day).

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually no- it was originally a Quicksilver and was changed to a Platinum shortly after. Funny thing is that I was never informed about the change.

OK, well that is certainly unusual to be sure. Looks like you will have three Cap One accounts. Use them a lot and pay them down before their statements close, and ask for CLI's after the third statement and every month or so after that - do it through the online account management page. You should get two CLI's in the first six months and then one every six months from that point. You can also get the Platinum accounts converted to reward status (QS or QS1) after a few months.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK! Thank you so much, you've been a massive help.

Is there any special trick other than keeping a zero balance and paying everything off on time to getting a CLI?

I know with my oldest card they'll only give me one every 6 months.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.