cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Worse Credit Ever!! 22 Negatives!! HELP!!

tag
dirtybird11
Established Member

The Worse Credit Ever!! 22 Negatives!! HELP!!

Yep! You read it right! 22 negative accounts! You name it, I've done it. Foreclosure, auto repossession, charge-offs, medical bills, broken leases, unpaid utilities, the list goes on! But I haven't defaulted on a student loan. They take your income tax check(& garnish wages) and I can't have that! I finally decided to get this mess cleaned up so I can have a life, a future for my wife and kids. I know it will take time, but with the advice of the professionals on this site, I should be fine. I'm very optimistic and will take any advice given. That's why I'm the Comeback_Kid! 

Starting Score: EQ Lender pull 597, CK TU 547
Current Score: EQ Lender pull 583, CK TU 596
Goal Score: 650 across the board!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Re: The Worse Credit Ever!! 22 Negatives!! HELP!!

Welcome to the forums! Good for you! You can do it. There is so much great information on this site to help you. I admire your optimistic attitude Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

HI and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I wouldn't say you had the worst credit ever, after my divorce I had 40 collections ( 22 Medical and 18 other)  total now I am down to 1 Smiley Very Happy

if you can let us know more about your credit report exactly what's on it then we can do more to help.

but for the collections the ones that are NOT medical I would send a DV letter to the collection agencies,

for the medical collections if you can send them a Pay for delete letter.

Best of Luck

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Those are great goals, hope they come quickly for you!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
windupbird
New Contributor

Your positive attitude will help.  You're taking responsibility and taking the first steps, that is what matters.  I was feeling pretty discouraged today but I kept telling myself to have a Plan A, B, C, D etc.  I am a total control freak so it's kind of weird and totally upsetting to have such an important part of my life out of control.  However, what I have found helpful is making this about strategy and educating myself to help myself.  Makes me feel more in control Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
windupbird
New Contributor

And I hasten to add, everyone here is very helpful and knowledgeable, and non-judgmental....something that IRL is kind of a challenge.  It's a hard topic to discuss with say, certain family members who are very judge-y and constantly giving the side-eye when the conversation turns to $

Message 6 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forums!

congrats on your decision to improve your financial situation and you have definitely came to the right place.  Tell us some of your information and we will be glad to help.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 10
dirtybird11
Established Member

Thanks so much for all the support! I've been checking out this forum for some years now. I should've joined back then. But I'm here now and I'm ready! Ok so here goes...

I have a deed-in-lieu that I signed early last year. It only reports to EX as paid, closed. But still shows 180 day past due. It says it will go into a positive status in Sep 2015. I'm scared to bother the mortgage company because I don't want to wake a sleeping giant. Then I have charge-offs from First Premier, HSBC, Credit One, Monterey County Bank, and Web Bank. I feel like I'm getting hit with a double whammy because some have been sold collection agencies. So it's like a 2 for 1. The rest are medical, utilites, and a repo.  

Message 8 of 10
dirtybird11
Established Member

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

HI and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I wouldn't say you had the worst credit ever, after my divorce I had 40 collections ( 22 Medical and 18 other)  total now I am down to 1 Smiley Very Happy

if you can let us know more about your credit report exactly what's on it then we can do more to help.

but for the collections the ones that are NOT medical I would send a DV letter to the collection agencies,

for the medical collections if you can send them a Pay for delete letter.

Best of Luck

What an awesome story! I know it feels real good to share it and encourage others! I will definitely get the DV letters out asap! I've been researching so I can understand the process more. I always seem to come across different information.  

Message 9 of 10
KnewBee
New Contributor

Hi Comeback Kid, I'm not far behind you, I have 17 bad accounts and also a Foreclosure. The funny thing is I was always embarrassed about it, but as I have opened up to people about it I am finding that many people I know (who i wouldnt of thought) have similar credit due to the economy and the collapse of the housing marketing Which hit my area really bad.  I don't feel great about having all these negs but I have really come to realize that in the worst economy since the depression, some of this was hard to avoid.  Working on it and trying to pay off what I can has really made me feel better and it hope it does the same for you. Good luck! 

Starting Scores: 9/19/2012 EQ 613 / TU 526 / EX 543
Current Scores: EQ 716 TU 724 EX 724 Goal Scores: 700
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.