cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The credit game. How to juggle cards while rebuilding.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The credit game. How to juggle cards while rebuilding.

So im in the rebuilding stage and started with Capital one 2 months ago.I have two starter cards with them and was using them daily.  I apped for a barclay rewards card and got approved for a $500 card. So, as you guessed it. My capital one cards have become useless as everything goes through my barclay card and nothing goes through the capital ones.  Im assuming this will effect my credit steps increase amount as im barely using the card as i would if i didn't have the barclay in my wallet.

I did add my netflix sub to my secured capital one and i could add a monthly $20 bill to my non secured capital one but i feel that wont build my history much with cap1. Is it right that im putting everything on my barclay rewards while rebuilding or should i even out the usage between my unsecured cap 1 and barclay. I am hoping to get my cap 1 PC to a QS in a couple months,

I feel im in the wrong state of mind while rebuilding with collecting maxium points on barclay since its SD-ing my cap one cards. My history so far is awesome with barclay since my limit is so low i have to pay it down every week sadly which is very frustating waiting for things to post and then waiting for my limit to raise back up to $500.Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The credit game. How to juggle cards while rebuilding.

Don't try to rotate where they report. Use the cards and pay off through out the month. Let the one card report each month. As long as Cap One see u use the card and pay several times a month they will give CLIs
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Capital one and ask them to upgrade the unsecured card to reward status. Don't even worry about usage patterns on the secured card, you will want to close it soon anyway, as you are already getting unsecured cards.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One will upgrade a card after the second statement, and you can get CLI after the third.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just my two cents, if you're rebuilding take the Cap One CLIs over the rewards.  I went from a CL of $300 to $4,300 in a year.  Just PC the Platinum to a QS.  I would make the Capital One card your main card for the first year for the CLIs.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.