cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The credit reporting agency won't investigate my claim??!!!

tag
Lac2509
Valued Member

The credit reporting agency won't investigate my claim??!!!

Okay, so I was making huge progress, and then I start getting these letters back from experian saying they won't investigate my claim because they can't confirm my identity. What??? I have also been sending documentation to support my claims. This is so weird. Anyone have any recommendations for moving forward on this??? I am trying not to let this set me back, but it is like they are giving me the run around and basically trying to say my claim is frivolous. All of my last claims have been all different, and I am spreading everything out time wise. Any ideas?? This is ridiculous. Should I call experian and see what is up???

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: The credit reporting agency won't investigate my claim??!!!

Did you dispute online?  How many?

I have seen them do this before.

Send them a letter with the dispute numbers, a copy of their letter and a copy of your drivers license.

For whatever reason, I have a security freeze on mine and can't get my own report unless I verify who I am.

Message 2 of 4
Lac2509
Valued Member

Thanks, I will do that! It just is upsetting because I am spending a lot of money getting all the letters certified. Just so i can keep really good records. When they won't investigate it is like money and time down the drain. I will try it and let you know! I only disputed two things with them over mail by letter and they were separate inquiries. I guess from now on I will send a picture of my social security card and drivers license. I have read that before that you should send a copy of identification, but I have never had to do that before...

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Good luck.

You can call and find out why they say they can't verify your identity. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.