Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The light at the end of the tunnel

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

The light at the end of the tunnel

Just wanna encourage those on their journey to keep it up... 13 months post bankruptcy, some good cards in my wallet, a few so so ones still but not getting laughed at by a computer every time you ask for credit is a great feeling... by far the greatest feeling was going in to verizon tonight and signing up for new service with NO deposit required. For years I couldnt get any kind of utility without a substantial security deposit and now those days are in the past. Thanks to the fico community for the support and knowledge gained here.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The light at the end of the tunnel

I feel the same way.
I grew up without anyone ever explaining how important credit is or how it works.
Thanks to this site and the members here I have and continue to learn things I wish I knew 20 years ago.

I think schools should have classes on these things because not all children have people at home to teach them. This is important knowledge to have financially successful and productive people in the community.
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Jkrause702 wrote:

Just wanna encourage those on their journey to keep it up... 13 months post bankruptcy, some good cards in my wallet, a few so so ones still but not getting laughed at by a computer every time you ask for credit is a great feeling... by far the greatest feeling was going in to verizon tonight and signing up for new service with NO deposit required. For years I couldnt get any kind of utility without a substantial security deposit and now those days are in the past. Thanks to the fico community for the support and knowledge gained here.

Grats to all your sucess and it continuing going forward Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Shokk
Established Contributor

It's nice to see that light.  Congratz on getting that far.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.