Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The monster I created.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The monster I created.....

@Anonymous wrote:
That was actually my plan. I think seeing progress on one card going down will help me see the bigger picture and get to my end goal.

Throw all extra $ at the Vet bill - that frees up the largest payment to start your snowball with.

Message 11 of 14
Teo
Valued Member

A co-worker of mine was in a similar situation (good on your for stepping up and putting it out here).  He was able to get some creditors to stop adding interest to the balances in exchange for his agreement to stop any use on his cards and start paying them down.  It seemed like an informal agreement, but I know they watched his accounts because they called him once right after he used one of his cards to buy gas when he couldn't find his debit card and gave him one warning before they added back all the interest retroactively.  So there is a mechanism within the industry to give a leg up to people who truly want to dig out before allowing things to go to charge off.

Keep us updated on your progress (that will help you stay on track too).

Current FICO 743, no baddies
April '16 550 4 collections

Current credit and limits (in order of approval)
Discover It (Unsecured at 6 mos) 4.6k -- Cap 1 Quicksilver One (900) -- Overstock (3800) -- NFCU Cash Rewards (25k) -- Share Secured Installment (500 - paid down to 40ish) -- Amex PRG (NPSL) -- Amex BCP (25k) -- Amex EDP (15k) -- Citi Advantage (10k)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am heading into a downward spiral. How did your co-worker ask creditors to stop adding interest in agreement to pay off balance?

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

NormanFH, that's a great idea!! I'll attack that bill first. You're right that it will free up the most money in the long run. I can then apply that amount to one of the other bills.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.