Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The nerve!

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

The nerve!

I'm just annoyed at the moment.

Midland responded to my BBB complaint. I complained about the lack of response to my timely DV's, the repeated calls after the DV had been received, and the fact that they were reporting when a dunning notice hadn't been sent.

They had the nerve to say that the repeated calls couldn't have been from them, and that I probably have multiple debt collectors calling me at that same exact time. What BS! I have no delinquent debt except for this supposed one that they can't even validate.

I basically replied back calling them out...the fact that they FREQUENTLY buy debt they never have documentation on, the fact that they call FREQUENTLY with blocked numbers and then never leave a message, and that they have a crappy reputation that precedes them. They haven't called recently because of the cease order on the DV, but at one point they'd called me over 27 times over a Saturday. I also called them out on the comment that I probably multiple debt collectors calling, very unprofessional and rude.

I hope it gets me somewhere but I feel better getting that out. Maybe if more consumers vented, they'd get a clue.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The nerve!

Nice venting.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: The nerve!

FYI you can set up your phone to reject private or blocked numbers.  They either release the block or the call does not go through...I hate all telemarketers.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.