Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The pain of bucketing :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The pain of bucketing :(

Experian went up to 678 today from 670, for no reason other than aging (it has no collections). I hoped beyond hope for similar gains on Equifax and Transunion, which have one and two collections respectively, so paid my dollar at CCT. No, I did get a one point gain on Eq but they've been basically stagnant for several months. I know I've griped about this before but I'm doing it again. Granted, it's really the mortgage scores that need to go up but I won't see those for another long, long week. Except Experian, which I did pay to get and it's still 669. Oh the pain...I need my mid score at 680 by next month!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: The pain of bucketing :(

Are the collections reported on EX and TU updating monthly?

What is your basis for assuming that you have re-bucketed to another scorecard for scoring?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to check when they update. But I think I did rebucket with Experian and am at the top of one in the others so the positive changes in them really aren't making a difference. My Equifax mortgage fico actually went up 70 points while my Fico 8 didn't budge. It's painful.
Message 3 of 4
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yeah, this falls into my "every score is a FAKO" belief. Best we can do is stay the course. It'll get better. All of these entities are in business to ensure that you'll be as happy as can be paying the highest interest you'll pay and not default. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.