The rebuilding starts here-

tag
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: The rebuilding starts here-

@Anonymous wrote:

@MANNING2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What reasons does Cap One give you for denials? When was the last time you apped? Do you know your FICO 4 scores? I believe Cap One actually uses EQ FICO 4....

Number of collection accounts
Number of new accounts

20 days ago

Yeah, fico 4 scores are about 120 points lower than my other scores. They haven't raised at all in the last 10 months (and I've purchased new reports with the scores 4 times over the last ten months.)

That may be the issue right there. Does the EQ score that Cap One shows (on the denial document) correspond with your FICO 4 scores? 

Nope.  It's totally different.  It's basically a random score that is inbetween both of them.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe the Bank Enhanced FICO (either new or old version)? There does seem to be some question as to exactly what model Cap One is currently using....

Message 32 of 35
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

yeah one of the apps I did, I tried to time the app with when I purchased my reports.  I compared them all to the score I got from them and it wasn't within 15 points of any of them.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MANNING2379 wrote:

yeah one of the apps I did, I tried to time the app with when I purchased my reports.  I compared them all to the score I got from them and it wasn't within 15 points of any of them.

I wonder if they are using the Vantage 3.0 now?

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  have the 4 in my signature - each with $500 limit

Cap One QS

Cap One Platinum

Discover It

Chase Freedom

I got all of them at about the same time (within 2 weeks) and my scores were about a 607 at the time.....

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.