Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The start of a long journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The start of a long journey

Hey Guys, I've been a dweller in the forums for a while but now I feel comfortable enough to make a post of my own. I'm 25 years old and I am trying to rebuild my credit. When I was younger I made a lot of financial mistakes and wanted to work on my credit because I feel it is getting out of control. My wife has great credit and was willing to add me to her Capital One & Belk cards, Its boosted my credit a fair amount. So today will mark the start of my journey!

Experian: 506

Equifax: 520

Transunion: 536

Positive

Credit One (My Own, Opened 10/16): $300 limit

Capital One (AU, Opened 7/14): $1,450 Limit

Belk (AU, Opened 2/16) $2,400 limit

One Main Financial (opened 5/15): $800 – This was a personal loan I took out to help build credit.

Westlake Financial (opened 6/15): $14,000 – This is my car loan, around the first few months of getting this loan, I was laid off from my job and was late on 3 payments. That was 1/16-3/16. I've since gotten a new job and have never been late or missed a payment since 3/16.

Negative

Smith Rouchn (Medical bill 9/12) : $361

Verizon (8/2012) : $1,484

Magnolia Federal Credit Union (closed 10/31): $405 – This was for a family member that could not get a bank account on their own, big mistake

Mars Inc. (01/15): $2,135 – Old apartment

Santander (Closed 01/15) - $4,500 – Previous car loan, could not afford the car anymore due to a hit my job at the time took on clientele.

State Tax Lien (Closed 4/16) - $220 – This was on my file due to an error, I am currently in the process of getting this removed.

Those are the items that are on my credit, I'm looking to reach the 600s by the end of the year if not sooner but I definitely need guidance. I'm planning on paying off the personal loan from One Main but i'm seeing that paying off a installment loan like that hurts more than it helps, Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: The start of a long journey

You can pay off the One Main loan since you have an auto loan for the instalment loan.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.