Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The things we do for love...

tag
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Re: The things we do for love...

All is well - didn't mean to seem sensitive.  This stuff is just so stressful to a newbie like me and all I can do is try... I guess sometimes a small success seems like a huge accomplishment.  I'm actually terrified about sending my first GW letter and I'm sure whatever the response is it will seem like a big deal (to me). 

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 11 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@NY_Beauty wrote:

All is well - didn't mean to seem sensitive.  This stuff is just so stressful to a newbie like me and all I can do is try... I guess sometimes a small success seems like a huge accomplishment.  I'm actually terrified about sending my first GW letter and I'm sure whatever the response is it will seem like a big deal (to me). 

The key is remember that where you are now isn't as important as where you are going. Armed with the right knowledge and guidance, the sky is the limit!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 16
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

Thanks Scott!  This surely is a test.  As I was typing my response I got a text that my sw was updated.  Student loan 120, 90, 60 lates removed from two accounts but... score dropped by 3 points.  Celebrate or cry?  Lol! 

Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 13 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Celebrate!  Those are baddies off your CR.  You will be on a rollercoaster for awhile as you rebuild.  Your score will go up and down, often times you will have no idea why. But while you do this, you are cleaning your CR.  As you get it cleaned up, your score will start to rise steadily every month.  So don't put as much weight into the score, look at the overall health of your report.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 16
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

The lates aren't gone anyway.  I read the report wrong.  Not sure why I dropped.  Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No worries, that just means they'll come off next time.  Like I say, don't worry about the up and down scores, it will drive you nuts.  Just keep cleaning and building, the scores will come.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.