Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The thorns in my side...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The thorns in my side...

So I've had much success in getting somethings deleted but have a few who are not willing to budge.  Now besides two to pay off I'm trying to work on PFD or to delete late pays.  Also got added as authorized user on three credit cards this month from DH.  Any other suggestions on how to boost my scores?  Working on paying down utilization now.

Positive Accounts

Two Car Loans

Small Bank Loan

Student Loans

Previously paid off credit cards

Accounts Deleted:

IC System

Stellar Recovery

Tribute

Hunter Warfield

Metabank/Fingerhut - duplicate accounts

Credit One

Sent GW request to Capital One and they submitted that I disputed the accounts.  What is the best way to get that dispute removed?

Will send next round of letters - any suggestions or contacts appreciated!!  

Current Scores - Short term Goal score is 640 mid-score

Equifax588
Transunion619
Experian589

Capital One - Opened 6/2007 - closed 2013

$300.0030-60 - 6/12 Late Pays Have tried to GW with no luck!!
 Capital One - closed  $709.00 Lat epays $0.00 GW letter -  Sent 2nd letter for past dues sent
First Premier - Opened 5/2008$300.00n/a$448.00Letter sent to FP  - first req denied - sent second request Trying to PFD - holding out on paying until I can get some type of 

Portfolio RC - Walmart Card

3/2007 - closed 2013

$283.00n/a$283.00Sent DV letter - did not send complete info - sent 2nd letter 
Midland Fund/First Premier$0.00 $0.00PD - GW letter Trying to have removed - Sent GW letter denied
Midland Fund/Credit 1$0.00 $0.00PD - GW letter Trying to have removed - Sent GW letter denied
Capital One$709.00Multiple$0.00PD - GW letter - Sent 2nd letter for past dues sent
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: The thorns in my side...

The AU 3x will help with the mix, as I'm figuring by what else I've read, that you have no revolving lines of credit active.

If the AU card age is newer than your oldest account (closed/open) in good standing, your AAOA is gonna drop, but don't worry about that for now, as you're in rebuild mode. Focus on "good outweighing bad" for now, and scores should be last to worry, as they're gonna go up/down like a kid on a rollercoaster. Nothing fixed correctly happens overnight, but if done correctly, won't come back to bite you down the road.

Keep up on the GW's, as it only takes one yes. You can't force them to do it though. Keep that in mind.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The thorns in my side...

I have one Capital one Card that is current - been open since 2007.  Only has one 30 day late on it from 2012.I was already an authorized user on one card that was recently opened - that is the newest one by six months.    One AU is five years old - the other two are newer.  I know I will take a hit - just hate that I'm so into "watching the scores" right now.  Every little point up or down confuses me.  Appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.