Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There has to be a solution :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There has to be a solution :(

hmmm ok, so this is getting a little more confusing for me because some are saying AU would definitely help due to util decrease and some payment history (1 year or so) but then my AAoA would decrease since all my accounts are well over 1 year.

now what if i tried to become an AU for an amex gold delta card which has only about a year of payments? BUT i used to have amex in 2004ish

AMEX #1:

http://s15.postimg.org/hwr7jaknf/Screen_Shot_2015_​03_28_at_8_51_42_PM.png

AMEX #2:

http://s18.postimg.org/72d0wr99l/Screen_Shot_2015_​03_28_at_8_51_56_PM.png

as an AU can i request a backdate? or would that not work. Adding that TL back to my history should definitely help right?

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex no longer does the backdating of account age. They will change the 'member since' date on the card but account age as reported does not change. There is a thread in the credit card forum about this.

Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh another member was mentioning that if i applied for a new amex (primary user) that they would backdate TL since i had cards from 2004 that they closed out when credit was tightening.

so that information is not true? amex will not do backdating anymore?

Message 43 of 47
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

oh another member was mentioning that if i applied for a new amex (primary user) that they would backdate TL since i had cards from 2004 that they closed out when credit was tightening.

so that information is not true? amex will not do backdating anymore?

Yup, as already posted they no longer wil report your MSD to the CRAs, the account open date will show the real date on your CRs effective March 21 2015.

Message 44 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

just my luck missed it by less than a month

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got the cards in the mail, i must activate them for it to be reported on my CR right? and then lightly use and pay in full?

Message 46 of 47
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i just got the cards in the mail, i must activate them for it to be reported on my CR right? and then lightly use and pay in full?

No, they report whether or not you activate them. you can use them to the limit if you wish you just dont want high untilization reporting to the CRA.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.