Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They refuse to take a pfd

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

They refuse to take a pfd

Alright, so I'm down to two collection accounts, both are with Meade&associates in Columbus ohio. Both are legit debts that went to collections because I didn't pay the bill, thinkingy insurance would pay it all. They didn't, and now I have these two collections.
One is for $282, the other is for $600. I sent a dv on both, and they came back verified. I've offered pfd to the doctors office, but they refer me to the CA. I've tried pfd to the CA, bit they will not do it. These are the only collections I have, and I would really like to get rid of them.
They're scheduled to stay on until late 2016 and early 2017...
Just in my discussions with them and the law firm they also seem to own, cox law firm, I don't think paying and then sending gw letters will work, either.
Am I missing anything, or should I just suck it up and pif on the moral standpoint that it's the right thing to do, and just deal with collections the next few years? If I do that, should I pay the oc or the ca, and should I settle for less or just pif?
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: They refuse to take a pfd

I would just pay it and goodwill everybody in the company until I got what I wanted.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Tell them you only have a set amt of money to pay your creditors but you will only pay those that give you a pfd IN WRITING first. I have gotten all the ones that try to play hardball to cave then.

Message 3 of 7
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

+1

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

I would just keep trying. Try and find out the email addresses of the company's executives and send it to them too.

Message 5 of 7
mintons
Established Member

Hey there - 

I have dealt with these guys, very recently, but have had absolutely NO luck at all.  My wife had a surgery about a year ago, and we were paying on a very large amount to the hospital, but for some reason, they sent out two small bills (137.00 and 34.00) to Mead.  We had no clue they were at a collections agency until I was in the process of getting a mortgage for a home.  I was initially approved for the mortgage, but as we got further into the process, Mead appeared on my credit report after our initial application for the laon, for accounts that were in my wife's name.  We had no clue that they were even as issue, as I mentioned above, we were paying monthly payments on what we thought were all of the amounts owed to the hospital.

I paid them immediately, but tried to negotiate a PFD, and I spoke to several people at Mead with no absolutely no luck at all, and eventually ended up speaking to Mr. Mead himself.  I explained to him the situation, and he refused to remove the items, even if only from my credit reports so that we could continue with our mortgage loan process.  Still no luck, and we basically lost out on a home and getting a mortgage.

I even filed an investigation with the CFPB, but apparently in Ohio, they can legally hit a spouses credit report for services in their spouses name.  I was not aware of that.

I wish I had better news, but they may be a tough one to get a PFD for.  

Message 6 of 7
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

That's what I'm coming to terms with. Now I just don't know if I should pay them, or pay the OC...
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.