Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They report balances immediately now?

tag
professorr
Regular Contributor

They report balances immediately now?

Do when did banks start reporting balances almost immediately? What happened with waiting until the statement was mailed and payment made ?

Comenity sportsman / vitacost that I got 10 days ago already show balances on my credit report. Hell the month hadn't even ended.

Fo sll banks don't his now? That's s real bitch for those looking to do Apporamas or moving balances around. Not that I am but I was that person 9 years ago .
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
topa
Regular Contributor

Re: They report balances immediately now?

I don't think the banks report daily - that's not feasible. They would have to spend huge amounts of resources to do that.

What could have happend in your scenario is that you received that:

1) you received the credit card a few days ago

2) you used it immediately, accumulating a balance

3) it was time for your creditor to report to the bureau

4) the balance shows up on your report

I think you may have experienced a timing issue.

Starting Score: 600 (Jan 2014)
Current MyFICO Scores: EQ: 712 | TU: 706 | EX: 702
Current Bureau Scores: EQ Beacon 5.0: 682 | TU FICO Classic 04: 740 | EX FICO V2: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
professorr
Regular Contributor

I'm sure it's a timing thing, but how can it be considered a. "Balance " if you haven't even had a chance to pay it off. It would make ratios look bad against you.
Message 3 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I've had GE cards do this. They reported when the cards were opened, then reported again immediately after the first use. After that, they settled down into regular, once-a-month routine. I don't know about Commenity, but it could be something like that.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.