Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thin file

So, I'm new to the whole credit thing. I have only 1 judgement due to fall off in dec, and a student loan that I am rehabbing(3 mos to go) I currently got approved for the capital one secured card. I wonder how long it would take to build enough credit for a car loan? Current myfico Ex:500, Eq:520, Tu:0
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Thin file

@Anonymous wrote:
So, I'm new to the whole credit thing. I have only 1 judgement due to fall off in dec, and a student loan that I am rehabbing(3 mos to go) I currently got approved for the capital one secured card. I wonder how long it would take to build enough credit for a car loan? Current myfico Ex:500, Eq:520, Tu:0

Hello and welcome.

In my opinion, I would wait until the loans are completely rehabbed and the new tradelines start showing and the old ones disappear before getting the car loan. Thinking that these are your only negatives along with the judgment that's falling off. Capital One will take about three or so months before it reports to your report, and then I would wait another three months so it's at least six months old. Then I believe you will start seeing a difference in score.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thanks did the response!! And I just disputed the judgment and had some duplicate acct removed. Not sure if this so helping or just making things worse because it's thinning my file out even more
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typo for not did. Lol
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.