Did you mean: 

Things Just Went From Bad To Worse

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Things Just Went From Bad To Worse

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, I just submitted an application at Clearpoint's website. I am unable to get a part-time job unfortunately because I will lose all of my other benefits (food stamps, Medicare, etc.) and I would have to start paying student loans. I did the math and I would be in the red probably $700 a month if I started working (which I would really love to do.) 

Not with the right job.

LOL, +1

Message 41 of 51
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

You would still qualify through qmb for Medicare premium payments (I'm jealous, I don't). The quide lines are federal set, you can earn about $1330+ combined, and you can deduct taxes from the gross income. Charity care pays your out of pocket costs, as long as you have your prescriptions filled at a medical facility that does charity care.

Turn that hard work into finding the programs that work, and you can do this. It's fear that keeps people locked in patterns, and you can break this by finding a public institution in your state. Non profit hospitals are required to offer charity care.

If you lose Medicaid, you will have a spend down, and they will charge Medicaid before the charity care. They do this in 6 month increments. If you're getting that much care, you should quickly qualify (but you can only have $2k in savings).

As you can see, I know my way around. Time for you to put that past work ethic to use, and find your way around. You will feel better. I was afraid of losing benefits too, but part time work (even though I had to pay my medical bills, or some of them), was the best thing I did.
Signature needs updating
Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for mocking my situation. Such a compassionate person you are. 

Message 43 of 51
keithB
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for mocking my situation. Such a compassionate person you are. 

Don't know who you are referring to but if you think you are the only one that understands the disease of bipolar disorder, you are wrong.  My ex had it and even though it is a horrible disease, in many cases it is manageable when on the right medication regimen for many people - perhaps you are the exception?

In anycase, it all comes down to making more or spending less.  There is no way to sugar coat it for you.  You aren't going to find some magical way to pay your bills and spend what you are use to spending all while continually charging things up.  You are on a credit forum, not a mental health forum.

I feel for you, I really do.  But the truth is you were dealt a crappy hand in life.  Perhaps trying to deal with your mental state and worrying about your credit score at the same time is too much for you.  I suggest you focus on one thing at a time right now - mental state being your top priority.  When you get that leveled off then move to your credit and finances.  But you aren't going to have it both ways - that I know for sure.

Message 44 of 51
taxi818
Super Contributor

Take it ez people really. We're getting it hot on this subject.
Message 45 of 51
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let me say this, there has been plenty adice given and the most important one cannot be emphasized enough; get professional help.  Comments regarding suicide should not be dismissed.  This forum is not the proper place to ask or give medical or legal advice.

Im sure we all wish you the best and hope that your situation greatly approves.

Take the necessary steps to secure your mental health first and foremost 

Message 46 of 51
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

File for bankruptcy. There's no other way.

Message 47 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Being mentally disabled, I can't just get up and go out and find a $50,000 a year job. It doesn't work that way. 

Says who? The only limits you have are the ones you set upon yourself.

Message 48 of 51
eric19k
Established Contributor

Bancruptcy filing cost money and it is not cheap.
Make min payments. Call creditors and let them know when you unable to make a payment.

Reduce your spendings on CCs. Live on what you can afford.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 49 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope that things turned around for OP. It's absolutely correct that you take comments about suicide very seriously. You can't improve your financial picture at all if you're no longer among the living.

www.crisistextline.org

1 (800) 273-8255

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.