Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things that make you go HMMMMM

tag
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

Things that make you go HMMMMM

Hi all,

I keep getting mail-every month or so from MCM management for a Providian account. Thing is-this is no longer even on my credit report. Darn thing is so old it fell off about a year ago. Can they keep sending me mail? How can I make the collection agency stop?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Things that make you go HMMMMM

They can continue to collect and send you mail and pursue their collection efforts. Heck they can even sue you(only in hopes of a default judgement)  and itd be your job to be there in court and use the SOL defense.

DV them and then accordingly pay them or C&D them. 

Message 2 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Istherehope wrote:

Hi all,

I keep getting mail-every month or so from MCM management for a Providian account. Thing is-this is no longer even on my credit report. Darn thing is so old it fell off about a year ago. Can they keep sending me mail? How can I make the collection agency stop?

Thanks,

I still get them for RJM Acquisitions for an old cc.  I hang on to one of those "bills" they send, just as a reminder to myself of where I came from. (used to be)  My oc dropped off my reports about 6 years ago.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

I still get collections notices on an old Express account that had a DOFD 4/2000 - over 9 years later and they are still trying to get the $ out of me.  I laugh everytime I get one.  I get maybe 2 a year and it's from a different CA each time.  This time they offered me the "low-low settlement" price of $750....interesting when the original balance on that card was only $350 when it was CO'd.
9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 4 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Yeah...mine has been passed thru the usual suspects over the years. 
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

They can still try to sue though? A poster above mentioned that. that doesnt seem right.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have read from past post is that they can sue you as long as it hasn't pass SOL, but if I am not mistaken once it passes SOL they can't sue you. They can collect the money forever is up to you if you pay them.But it wont come up in your credit report again seen it has been drop for being over 7-7.5 years
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.