Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I may have my first PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I may have my first PFD

So,  I went ahead and called the CA. I know some of you will cringe. I spoke with the lady and told her that I was denied credit and after recieving my credit report I saw I had a debt listed from their company and had recieved no notice of this debt and was unaware of it.  She asked some info and gave me the amount and the address that they had on file. I told that address was incorrect. I stated that I'd like to pay this debt because it is impacting my credit and asked if it could be deleted and she said yes we sent it to the wrong address. I asked for some sort of confirmation that it would be. She stated yes after its paid we will send you a e-mail stating deletion. I said ok. She asked if I'd like to pay over phone and then she'd send me that e-mail right now. I said I'd rather send a money order (I hope I didn't botch the deal by saying this, I'd just rather not give out my CC info like that over the phone). I asked for the address to mail the payment to and asked her to take down my e-mail address so that once she recieves the payment she can send the agreement to delete. I'm sending it off in the AM. Should I put something in with the payment about what we talked about or just send the money order? I'm hoping she will keep her word. If not, well at least it will be paid. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
esburns
Established Member

Re: Think I may have my first PFD

What does PFD stand for?? And I would recommend a follow up call?
Discover IT 8500 - NASA FCU Platinum 5000 - PayPal Extras 4500 - Barclays NFL Extra Points 4000 - Amazon Store Card 4000
Menards 3500 - AMEX Everday 3200 - Capital One Rewards 2000 Walmart 1200 BOA Cash Rewards 2000 - WF LOC 14000

Current Scores TU 682 EX 646 EQ 654 as of 5/8/2015 - Entered Garden 5/7/2015 - Goal to stay gardening until 8/1/2017
Message 2 of 12
Brandnick
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So,  I went ahead and called the CA. I know some of you will cringe. I spoke with the lady and told her that I was denied credit and after recieving my credit report I saw I had a debt listed from their company and had recieved no notice of this debt and was unaware of it.  She asked some info and gave me the amount and the address that they had on file. I told that address was incorrect. I stated that I'd like to pay this debt because it is impacting my credit and asked if it could be deleted and she said yes we sent it to the wrong address. I asked for some sort of confirmation that it would be. She stated yes after its paid we will send you a e-mail stating deletion. I said ok. She asked if I'd like to pay over phone and then she'd send me that e-mail right now. I said I'd rather send a money order (I hope I didn't botch the deal by saying this, I'd just rather not give out my CC info like that over the phone). I asked for the address to mail the payment to and asked her to take down my e-mail address so that once she recieves the payment she can send the agreement to delete. I'm sending it off in the AM. Should I put something in with the payment about what we talked about or just send the money order? I'm hoping she will keep her word. If not, well at least it will be paid. 

You should be fine they want your money as much as you want it deleted its a win/win for both parties

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending off money order today. Will wait and see what happens. 

Message 4 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@esburns wrote:
What does PFD stand for?? And I would recommend a follow up call?

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations
What Steps do I take, DV, PFD or GW
Credit Scoring 101

This will give you an idea of where to start. Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 12
sphinx313
Established Contributor

The mighty Shogun has spoken! I would definitely read through the links he provided.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called today to see if they recieved money order. Yes. Lady said it was in the notes about the wrong address and that it should be deleted. Just waiting to see. Even if they don't delete it will show as paid. 

Message 7 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Sounds promising, keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 12
dream436
Established Member

Which CA is this?  Is this a medical debt?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, its a medical. CA is OAC. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.