Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about a GW to mortgage co...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about a GW to mortgage co...

I'm looking for some input on a GW letter to my mortgage company.  I had a chapter 7 discharge in 11/09 that did not include the mortgage because I was doing a modification at the time.  I paid as agreed for a year and even received a letter stating I was receiving the $1000 credit for making all of my payments for the year.  During this time, I did receive a letter with a new application for modification due to the fact that the mortgage company made an error.  I signed an returned the package, but never got anything back stating the new payment was to begin.

A month after I got the letter stating I qualified for the $1000 credit, I was told that I was 2 months behind in my payments.  Turns out, they were holding all my monthly payments and applied them at once (Nov, 2010), leaving me short and reporting me as late.  Well, of course, it took some payment agreements and I have been current as of April, 2011.

I'm wondering if I should attempt to send a GW letter asking the mortgage company to remove the lates and show as paid as agreed.  I just dont know if its worth the effort this early on or if I should wait a bit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking about a GW to mortgage co...

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thinking about a GW to mortgage co...

The worst they can say is "no". Never hurts to send GWs. BTW, I don't know how this impacts your situation, but most lenders will mark you late monthly while in a modification even if you pay 100% on time. IMO, it is unfair, especially since not many know, but the premise is that you are making payments less than the orginal contract amount and therefore a late appears for not paying enough. Without knowing more, I don't know if that applies or not. More of a FYI than anything. But I'd start GWing now.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.