Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about applying for a 5K personal loan

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thinking about applying for a 5K personal loan

One source of information that can explain some things much better than I can is this thread: What Steps Do I Take?.

Medical collections are handled a little differently than other collections. I would do a search on this site for older posts about medical collections and the steps to take on that. There is a search window at the top near the right side of this page. There is a wealth of information available in those older posts. Do some reading and come back with more questions if and when you need to.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do that. Any advice on if it would make sense to apply for a loan or a personal line of credit.  I do need to show some revolving credit on my file becuase as of right now I have none?  Any range of interest rates I could expect based upon my scores of  TU: 655 and EQ: 653?

Message 12 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I will do that. Any advice on if it would make sense to apply for a loan or a personal line of credit.  I do need to show some revolving credit on my file becuase as of right now I have none?  Any range of interest rates I could expect based upon my scores of  TU: 655 and EQ: 653?

This is just one man's opinion so take it that way. I would work on getting those negatives removed before I applied for new credit but that's just me. Others might give you different advice.

But if you still feel like you need a revolving account or two I would start a new thread in the Credit Cards board and explain your situation there and see what kind of recommendations you get.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.