cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Board Seems like it's Filled with People That...

tag
HappySoda
Valued Member

This Board Seems like it's Filled with People That...

...need to buy a house TOMORROW! I've been lurking for just a while and I am having trouble comprehending how people want to buy a house right now but are so out of touch with their finances that they are on a credit rebuilding forum asking for advice about things they should have handled months or years ago. These are things you should know 2 years before you start thinking about buying a house.  The sense of urgency here is really a bit of madness. You didn't rush when you destroyed your credit did you but now you want to have an instant 780 score? This seems to be the American way - to want everything right now.

My personal advice would be to take a deep breath and re-assess your situation. If you have a bunch of bad stuff on your credit file, maybe you need to stop and re-think what you're doing. I know this may be unpopular opinion here especially for a first post, but this forum reeks of desperate people whose only downfall is that they don't have any patience to rebuild what they took years to destroy. Have some patience people and the good credit will come. Pay your bills on time and all will not be lost.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: This Board Seems like it's Filled with People That...

That's kind of a drastic generalization of the entire board.  There are definitely people who expect too much, too soon, but there are also many who have a realistic expectation.  I had made it a goal to buy a car roughly 6 months from when I started rehabbing my credit.  Turned out to be too soon, and have bumped it even further.

I'd say that "filled with" is probably the wrong phrase.  The passer-bys tend to be the quick hit, quick fix folks, whereas anyone one here more than half a dozen posts has a good, solid, long term plan.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 27
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums! In essecene you are correct everyone wants it stat but aalot dont realize the disproportion until they dig in.  This site is truly learning about your inner child the wants vs. the needs.  We try not to judge as many people find themselves in these situations not because they were reckless but many other factors.  If u hadnt noticed unemployment is a tad high. People get sick. Many things happen. To generalize everyone on these borads is a shame because I think everyone has unique and varying circumstances.  My personal advice is dont judge! it's not proper or polite. I hope u enjoy the vast wealth of info we all share with each other.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 27
novabama
Frequent Contributor

I'd say we should probably keep generalizations like that to ourselves or a general board. Let's just help each other out or go on with our business... For instance, a lot of people may not have realized how bad it was until they had intentions for a large purchase... let's not be so brash now. We try to be pretty amicable around here.

Message 4 of 27
S7
Established Contributor

Agreed! And I was actually surprised and blessed that my fix's were easy!  AND, I did get to put an offer in today! Smiley Happy

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 5 of 27
rkb84
Contributor

I think this board is full of helpful people and good resources. Mostly everyone is just trying to be more responsible and fix past problems with credit so they can move on with their lives.. nothing wrong with that.

Message 6 of 27
novabama
Frequent Contributor

@rkb84 wrote:

I think this board is full of helpful people and good resources. Mostly everyone is just trying to be more responsible and fix past problems with credit so they can move on with their lives.. nothing wrong with that.

+1

OP saying be patient... yes that is forward for your first post... if you read around, signatures and posts EVERYWHERE say be patient, it takes patience, or patience is key... etc. So welcome to the boards and please feel free to give as much useful or encouraging information as you would like!

Message 7 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Rainbows and unicorns.....  Ok.. nope, it's battle in the trenches.  Sometimes people just need a wake up call.   I've muddled through the past myself, not watching my CRs, sticking my head in the sand.  But when we realize that we are responsible for our actions, be it good or bad, we must do something about it.  That's why people come here.  To learn to be responsible and hopefully never put themselves in a similiar situation again.  That is my goal, my life lesson. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 27
ALD22
New Contributor

I like to post this on other forums I am a member of when others feel the need to judge.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

Message 9 of 27
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

And some people might be financially ready to purchase a home right now but they have that lingering collection or two that need to be addressed so they can move forward in life. Others might just be starting from scratch and some might come here for advise. Everyone's situation is different. There's no quick fix when it comes to rebuilding credit.

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.