cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Board Seems like it's Filled with People That...

tag
Ms_Pooka
Established Member

Re: This Board Seems like it's Filled with People That...

I personally knew once I filed bankruptcy it would be a two year journey to be able to buy a home. No quick fix. And now that I am one year away these boards have been a wealth of knowledge I haven't seen in other places...  I agree with the others that say you probably shouldnt generalize. good luck to you!

Starting Myfico Scores: 6/16
EX 544
EQ 548
TU 577

Message 11 of 27
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

Welcome to the forums! In essecene you are correct everyone wants it stat but aalot dont realize the disproportion until they dig in.  This site is truly learning about your inner child the wants vs. the needs.  We try not to judge as many people find themselves in these situations not because they were reckless but many other factors.  If u hadnt noticed unemployment is a tad high. People get sick. Many things happen. To generalize everyone on these borads is a shame because I think everyone has unique and varying circumstances.  My personal advice is dont judge! it's not proper or polite. I hope u enjoy the vast wealth of info we all share with each other.

Exactly!

Message 12 of 27
diabla
Regular Contributor

HappySoda - you used your first post to say that, huh?  

Maybe a lot of people ended up BECAUSE they thought they were on their way to buying a house and then discovered how bad their credit was, so of course their focus is going to be how soon can I start house-shopping again?  But being here pretty much teaches you that credit repair is a journey and I think most people end up settling down for the long haul.  You don't know everyone's story.  Geez.

Message 13 of 27
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Wow...that was an awesome way to join the forum on your first post. Smiley Indifferent

As many have already stated, many people don't even know that their credit might be trashed.  Sometimes TL's get put on your report that aren't even yours.  Sometimes a creditor reports something wrong.  Sometimes people don't have any bad credit but have lower than expected scores, and they come here and find out that it was thier utilization.  Sometimes people just messed up and didn't pay their bills on time.  Sometimes people just didn't realize that they had the power to fix some of the things listed here.  Sometimes people are in the middle of a mortgage and Mr. Nasty Collection agency had been softing them just waiting for an opportunity to put something on their report so that they will HAVE to pay to get it removed.  

I guess my point is that you don't know exactly what happened so judge ye not.  At least they come here to try to right the wrong.  And it is true that *some* do come here that want a quick fix when they haven't done the right the thing.  But this board is certainly not *filled* with people like that.  After they read here long enough they will figure out that sometimes there isn't an easy fix, other times they find out that it is an easy fix.

Everyone comes here to learn something and if you hang around here long enough, and leave the judgement elsewhere, you too can pick up many golden nuggets and even a higher score.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 27
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

My .02

1) You don't know me or anyone else personally on this forum.
2) You state that "I destroyed my credit fast" like it was something I intended to do or wanted
3) I have no intention of buying a home, car, or any other large purchase RIGHT NOW TODAY, I make a VERY comfortable living, and I'm fully aware of my financial situation.

You didnt offend me or bother me but you should be aware that you make your "Internet self" seem very uneducated and ignorant when you make generalizations and accusations with your first post. It's not a good look Smiley Wink

Btw- my parents died when I was 19 years old and dropped an amount of debt on me that was beyond my salary on top of my own obligations I also battled with serious health issues with my son for 2 years- this is the reason for my bad credit.

And I can promise you I have done my share and yours of hardwork on a daily basis to contribute to "The American way."

That is all Smiley Happy
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 15 of 27
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Requesting Mod review.  I see no significance of this thread continuing.  Thank you

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 27
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Op I know what you mean. But its not everybody. Your best bet if you see an impatient person is just keep scrolling. We are all helpful here but I won't tell someone what they want to hear either. Yes a lot and I mean a lot of people are impatient and think rebuilding is a quick fix and they want results now. Just ignore those people.

Now go drink a happy soda lol
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 17 of 27
KnewBee
New Contributor

Yes I understand both point of views. I always prided myself in having great credit, a high income, and a lot of nice things. I was even a bit of a high rolling snob right up until the economy tanked, my income dropped in half and I could no longer pay all of my bills. Now that I understand what it feels like to be treated like a second class citizen by potential landlords, potential employers, and creditors. I am a much more humble and wiser person. 

When I get my credit back and I see those preapproved offers that say "Hurry, apply right now! Accept our card online! High limit! Offer expires soon!" I will think of all the negative experiences I have had recently that they don't tell you about in those offers when you take on more debt than you can manage and I will file those offers in the garbage! 

Had to live both sides of it to understand both point of views.

Starting Scores: 9/19/2012 EQ 613 / TU 526 / EX 543
Current Scores: EQ 716 TU 724 EX 724 Goal Scores: 700
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the OP seems to just assume that because someone is a new poster, that it means they must have just started trying to fix their credit. 

Personally, I was approved for a mortgage back in 2008-09 but I decided to hold off because the real estate market was just way too high and there were already a ton of short sales on the market. It just didn't seem like the right time to buy and Im' sure as hell glad I waited.

I ended up holding off and lost my income the following year for about 6 months which is what screwed my credit. I had to put buying a house on the back burner as my income had changed and my credit was pretty screwed. I am in a bit of a rush to buy now, as I'm back in good shape as far as my income and the type of housing I'm trying to buy has been steadily rising the last 4 to 6 months in my area. 

Message 19 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Friendly reminder to all to be friendly, supportive, and respectful, lest post(s) get deleted.

I'll throw out that ....YMMV. Those rebuilding aren't from the same cookie-cutter mold. Everyone is different as pointed out already. Life events happen like death in the family, divorce, job losses, disability, prolonged illnesses, corporate downsizing, etc. You might be 100% faithful in paying on time but many folks are a 30 days away from a 30-day late because of a situation like these.

Moreover, it's largely unavoidable too. Sure you can have savings, but if you loose your job, you better make sure that everything else is paid first like utilities, mortgage, food on the table, etc. before MasterCard gets used and paid. Or maybe you lose a child (God forbid). If the funeral is tomorrow at the same time Discover is due, you might not be too eager to rush a payment in, if you know what I mean. Things happen. Lates happen. And slow repair isn't the right answer. It's better to be aggressive and send letters out now than extend the pain. It's better to yank off a bandaid than it is to slowly peel it off. I'll agree that there should be several months' worth of cushion for rebuilding, but sometimes that's unavoidable. Maybe the debtor wants to do the right thing and downsize their home to make it more affordable after a job loss and needs to get a new mortgage or apply for a new residence ASAP. Slow rebuilding isn't the answer.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.