Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Has to be Rock Bottom

tag
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

Re: This Has to be Rock Bottom

Yeah, it's not a good spot to be in.. I was there just a few years ago with even bigger numbers and more accounts. I managed to pay off some of it and was fortunate that my parents were willing to help me go back to college to finish my degree. I don't have any specific advice that hasn't already been mentioned, but time will eventually fix your problem as long as you don't create new ones.. so try not to stress out too much and deal with your credit issues one at a time.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This Has to be Rock Bottom

Check your state for sol, a judgement comes off in 7 years from date filed. Unfortunately my state they can collect on it for 20 years. Fortunately for me, I'm on SSDI disability. They can't touch that. I have not heard of many people being pursued after judgement is removed from credit report. However, if you plan on applying for a mortgage, it will need to be paid or you will not be able to proceed. The bank will be spooked, thinking eventually it will be garnished, and they will be put on the back burner. It's up to you, if you have no intention of purchasing a house, then just take the risk.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.