cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This came out of nowhere. DOFD: 5 years ago.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This came out of nowhere. DOFD: 5 years ago.

Hello All,

This just appeared on my EQ today. It came out of nowhere. Don't recall the debt, but it maybe mine. This is five years old. What is the best way to handle this? I know it's only $47 dollars, but most importantly, I want this off. Any sugestions?  Thanks...

PREMIUM ASSET RECOVERY CORP  Agency Address: 350 JIM MORAN BLVD
SUITE 210
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33442 (561) 447-9271
Date Reported: 05/2008,   Date Assigned: 09/2004 ,    Creditor Classification: Medical/Health Care 
Creditor Name: TMC ADVANCED IMAGING  Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxx Account Owner: Individual Account. 
Original Amount Owned: $47,   Date of 1 st Delinquency: 07/2003,   Balance Date: 05/2008,   Balance Owned: $47 
Last Payment Date: N/A  Status Date: 05/2008,   Status: D - Unpaid ,  Comments: Medical
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: This came out of nowhere. DOFD: 5 years ago.

Seems to be a collection for a medical bill.  Send them a DV. Often times they can't validate because of the hippa laws.  (from what I've heard) 
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

JoeG wrote:
Hello All,

This just appeared on my EQ today. It came out of nowhere. Don't recall the debt, but it maybe mine. This is five years old. What is the best way to handle this? I know it's only $47 dollars, but most importantly, I want this off. Any sugestions?  Thanks...

PREMIUM ASSET RECOVERY CORP  Agency Address: 350 JIM MORAN BLVD
SUITE 210
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33442 (561) 447-9271
Date Reported: 05/2008,   Date Assigned: 09/2004 ,    Creditor Classification: Medical/Health Care 
Creditor Name: TMC ADVANCED IMAGING  Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxx Account Owner: Individual Account. 
Original Amount Owned: $47,   Date of 1 st Delinquency: 07/2003,   Balance Date: 05/2008,   Balance Owned: $47 
Last Payment Date: N/A  Status Date: 05/2008,   Status: D - Unpaid ,  Comments: Medical

I'd call the OC and speak to them about it. After they tell you what it is for, explain that somehow this got overlooked(either you didnt' receive bills or just forgot about it) and ask if they could remove from the CA and allow you to make payment to them.

If you can get OC to do anything for you, I'd read whychat's hipaa stuff.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JoeG,   Medical collections are different then any other collection. You might be past SOL but IMO  I would handle it as though it wasn't.

You cal also pay the OC. and then follow the directions on the HIPAA  for paid account.

To protect your rights under HIPAA, you should not write or correspond with a Collection Agency regarding a medical collection account within SOL.
This process is not applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay.  The medical claim must either be paid, inaccurate, or you are prepared to remit the valid correct amount due with the HIPAA letter.
The Pre-HIPAA letter is sent to the CRA to dispute medical collection accounts on your CR that are within SOL and are:  paid, valid but unpaid, "not mine" or inaccurate.
  1. Dispute a paid medical collection directly with the CRA and they should delete.  If not deleted, but verified, send HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert b). 
  2. Dispute valid but unpaid medical collections because you need the CRA to verify the balance.  There may be no valid balance due and the CRA will delete.  Only after the CRA has verified and you agree that the amount is correct is the HIPAA letter sent with payment (Whychat's process - insert a).  The payment amount should be the same amount as was verified by the CRA and on your CR.
  3. If the medical collection account is "not mine" or inaccurate, you need to have disputed the medical collection listing with the CRA.  Only after the CRA verifies and does not delete an invalid or inaccurate medical collection do you send the HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert a or b).

Search for the HIPAA letter.  It will give you the correct letter and when ,who, and how to send them. Remember that if unpaid you will need to send payment at the right time.( IMO  do NOT give them your banking info.mail a check)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a copy of the answer on your dupe. post.

You can google 'why chat hipaa letter' to see how he uses certain letter's and dispute process to handle medical collection's. In this case, you would need insert a.

It does take a bit of time in executing the steps involved.

If short on time, I would recommend asking the OC if you can pay this and have them recall it from the CA. If the CA now owns it, you would have to go through them. Good possibility for PFD here.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 05-24-2008 11:20 AM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Happydays,

Thanks for the response. My SOLs for Arizona are:

Written Contracts:    6 years
Oral Contracts:         3 years
Promisary Notes:      5 years
Open accounts:        3 Years
     inculding CCs

Would this mystery CA be within SOL?

Thanks..
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sidewinder. Excellent info..
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have personal knowledge of CA in FL.    Do not trust there DOFD.  To begin with medical goes SOL starts with DOLA....when the service took place.  

I would call     TMC   and ask for info on the account.....A phone call will not change anything!

If you they OWN the account.......send this letter with payment.

Letter To Health Care Providers

This letter is intended for the original creditor health care provider and is designed to obtain a deletion from credit reports, and stop collection agency activity.

It is NOT applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay it.
It will ONLY work if the claim is either INACCURATE, or you remit the valid correct amount due with the letter.
Please make sure that your payment is in the form of a bank cashiers check or bank money order,(do not use a postal money order) that you make a photo copy of the front and back of the remittance, that your name and address are CLEARLY printed on the remittance, that it is made to the order of THE ORIGINAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER, and that you print or type clearly in the endorsement section "For Deposit Only to the Account of (name of H.C. provider)(This of course allows your IRS deduction as a medical expense)
Send ALL correspondence to the HIPAA COMPLIANCE OFFICE of the HC provider,CMRR. ( If the OC has changed ownership or moved or gone BK, send it certified WITHOUT the return receipt requested.) Do NOT "fax" or "e-mail" anything.

FORM LETTER TO ORIGINAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

(Your Name)
(address)
(City,State, zip)
s.s.# (social security #)
HIPAA Compliance Office
( health care provider creditor)
(address)
(date)
Dear Sir/Madam;
This letter is in reference to (account #) for services provided to (name of patient) on (date of service).

In regard to the bill on this account in the amount of ($___):

Please note, my remittance is payable ONLY to (hc provider) and may not be signed over or transferred to any third party collection agency, as this would constitute an additional violation of HIPAA and State Privacy Act rules .

Please be advised that under Federal Statutes. the Fair Credit Reporting Act, (15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq)and (name of your State)'s Consumer Credit Statutes, you may be held liable for the actions of (collection agency name).

(a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.
(1) Prohibition.
(A) Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors.
A person shall not furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person knows or consciously avoids knowing that the information is inaccurate.

In addition, the HIPAA and (name of your State)'s Medical Privacy Statutes are in effect in this situation even though the health care services you provided may have been prior to enactment .
The Privacy Rules prohibits a covered entity from using or disclosing an individual's protected health information ("PHI") unless specifically authorized by the individual or otherwise allowed under the Privacy Rules.
In general, PHI encompasses substantially all "individually identifiable health information" that is transmitted or maintained in any medium. "Individually identifiable health information" includes health information that is created or received by a health care provider, health plan, employer, or health care clearinghouse, and that relates to an individual's physical or mental health or condition, including information related to an individual's care or the PAYMENT for such care.

Your furnishing of my account information to (collection agency name), is not in compliance with HIPAA,or (name of your State}'s Privacy Act, and any subsequent reporting of this account on my credit reports to (credit reporting bureaus) is a clear violation of Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA") since there can be no permissible business purpose in divulging protected health information to anyone on an account once there is no longer any payment due.

You are required under the FCRA and FACTA to accurately report the status of any account to the credit bureaus, and you are prohibited under the HIPAA and State privacy regulations from doing so on a PAID account, as there is no longer any permitted business purpose.

Therefore I am requesting you promptly rescind all such account information furnished to (collection agency) and require them to purge their records of all reference to this account, and that you insure that any and all reporting of this account is immediately deleted from my credit reports.

This simple procedure to request the deletion of ALL reference to this account from the records of ( collection agency name) and to require them to have this account information deleted in its entirety from my credit reports will resolve this problem completely.
Please respond, in writing within 10 days that you are processing this request.
I am reserving the right, to take appropriate legal and civil action including reporting to any applicable regulatory authorities any lack of cooperation or compliance with this request.
I hereby waive my rights under HIPAA and any State Privacy Act for the single purpose of your transmission of this request and accompanying documentation in any required report you must make to your E &O insurance carrier.
Sincerely,

signature
(Your Name)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.