cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This get so confusing sometimes...

tag
medic8404

This get so confusing sometimes...

I get a Scorewatch alert two days ago that says my score has changed, turns out it went up by 30 points!! I check my EQ account and sure enough it did. Yay!!!

I guess I got happy too soon because I get an score alert this morning and my score Dropped by 31 points!! It shows where new info was added to an account from a couple of years ago but I cannot understand if that is why it dropped or not.  I have not seen this reflect in the EQ account yet but I am sure it will I suppose. 

I really have a hard time understanding how there is so much disparity between the bureaus...137 points to be exact. Am I trying to over-analyze too much? I am really really trying hard to turn things around. I just paid off an installment loan on 5 June for 950.00 and a CC for 2000 which left a 117 balance on the CC so my ratio should have drastically improved by doing so yet my score is dropping.

How long does it normally take on average for the good things like paying off those balances take to show up?

It makes me want to give up sometimes I get so frustrated. Especially after dropping over 10,000 in the last year paying off debt and settling on some thinking that I would really turn my credit woes around for the good and they seem to have stalled or now they are dropping even.

EQ - Now 557 after my 31 point Drop

TU- 694

EX - Not sure

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: This get so confusing sometimes...

A lot depends upon what you were paying off.

Paying off revolving debt will show quick returns, if the account is open and reporting.

But if you what you were paying was a CO or CA, it wont matter much, for payment of an CO or CA does not improve your FICO score.

So the questiion is, what was the status and type of the accounts you paid down?

What remains

Message 2 of 3
medic8404

Re: This get so confusing sometimes...

I have looked at what was paid in the past and some of it was CO/closed, some shows as a paid/settlement/closed, others show paid/closed. I guess I may have wasted my money in a sense paying the CO's if it wasn't going to help my scores. 

The status of both the Installment and the Credit cards were good. No lates...

The installment is paid off totally closed.

The CC is still open and in good standing with a 117.00 Balance/credit limit 3450.00

When I checked my EQ CR on Friday it was reporting balances on both of these 950 installment and 2117 CC.

Those were the only two open active accounts that I had left, now down to one which is the CC. I have no other open accounts.

Can it sometimes take 30 - 60 days for that to reflect depending upon how often they report?

No car payment, no mortgage, no other CC's, no installment loans. In a sense I feel free but then again my scores are really suffering so that makes me feel not so good after all. It's nice not being buried in payments anymore but wow...

I am not running any inquiries on my report by applying for credit and I am trying to work my way up to having a score good enough for a good rate on a home. That is my ultimate goal... My early 2007 divorce realy wrecked everything as far as my credit goes.I guess I need to be patient and not get too upset when my score fluctuates.

These forums are great and I am really glad that there are others out there who listen and add advice or just support in general.

Thanks

Message Edited by medic8404 on 06-23-2009 05:51 AM
Message Edited by medic8404 on 06-23-2009 05:54 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.