Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This has to help right?

tag
maygirl
Contributor

This has to help right?

Ok I just spoke with a CA that is willing to do a PFD if I PIF, this is on a charge off account that is is showing on my CR twice because they haven't techincally sold the account yet. OK so after I got that offer in writing of course I contact the OC and tell them the deal and ask what they will do... They won't delete it, but they will get rid of ALL the negative marks and put the account as PIF ON TIME!!!!!!!!! I think this is great/ even better than PFD right??? So I keep my tradeline and get CA deleted...

I am attempting to get approved for a mortgage and need about 20 points....

So before I pay it will this work???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: This has to help right?

@maygirl wrote:

Ok I just spoke with a CA that is willing to do a PFD if I PIF, this is on a charge off account that is is showing on my CR twice because they haven't techincally sold the account yet. OK so after I got that offer in writing of course I contact the OC and tell them the deal and ask what they will do... They won't delete it, but they will get rid of ALL the negative marks and put the account as PIF ON TIME!!!!!!!!! I think this is great/ even better than PFD right??? So I keep my tradeline and get CA deleted...

I am attempting to get approved for a mortgage and need about 20 points....

So before I pay it will this work???

I can't say how many FICO points you'll gain but that is fantastic if you can get the OC to remove all negatives and get the CA to delete the collection !   I'd jump on that offer.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: This has to help right?

If you really are getting it the way you describe it, wow. Fixing a CA AND keeping the AAOA up is the best of all worlds. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.