Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is CRAZY!

tag
hopeful14
New Contributor

This is CRAZY!

I just received a score watch alert and I went a checked it.  The auto loan I had that had 2 30 day lates and TEN 60 days lates, was just changed due to my GW letters and phone calls, to never late and paid as agreed.  And My FICO score didn't change?  Wow, I would have thought that 10, 60 day lates would have really been something that held my score down.  They were from back in 2009 and 2010.  I'm really kinda disappointed.

Chase Southwest Airlines Card $5K, Capital One $3K, Discover It $1.9K, Barclay Rewards $1K, First Premier $300.00 Back to the garden on 06/14/14

hr>Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Re: This is CRAZY!

From what I have seen in my own situation and on the boards the older the lates the less impact they have on your FICO. The "big" score changers are negatives such as COs, recent lates, and utilization. Also the amount of revolving accounts.

I know, it's really frustrating working this process. Time is a big factor- time to age off the baddies and time to BUILD the good stuff.

Best on your rebuild!

Message 2 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Since they were so long ago they would have little impact. However, there should have been at least a couple of points boost. When I had a 3 year old 30 day late remopved from my mortgage, EQ04 model jumped up 33 points. The 08 model is more forgiving of older baddies though,w hich could be why you did not see much of a change, 

Message 3 of 6
hopeful14
New Contributor

LOL  I guess there is nothing that I can do about it.  I just thought that was a real bad mark and would be worth a decent jump in the score and to find out it was zilch.  Just crazy.

Chase Southwest Airlines Card $5K, Capital One $3K, Discover It $1.9K, Barclay Rewards $1K, First Premier $300.00 Back to the garden on 06/14/14

hr>Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 6
growing123
Regular Contributor

@hopeful14 wrote:

LOL  I guess there is nothing that I can do about it.  I just thought that was a real bad mark and would be worth a decent jump in the score and to find out it was zilch.  Just crazy.

That is a bummer about no points, but big congrats on getting the GW!!  Plus, your report is that much 'cleaner'.  Smiley Happy

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

30 and 60 day lates are minor derogs.  Hurt bad at first, but fade quickly.  If it was very old, I wouldn't imagine a change in scores.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.