Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Odd..Any Ideas in here?

tag
stillirise
New Contributor

This is Odd..Any Ideas in here?

I had credit cards many years ago 90's then I stop using them some I never even activated. All of the accts were eventually closed and deleted from my credit bureaus. One of them stuck and wouldnt go away showing as a charge off. When I disputed it over and over again it kept showing as delinquent and turned into 2 delinquent accts with different acct numbers.

The acct had been paid in full in 2005 Not delinquent. Yet it stayed and haunted me for 7 years. They  were finally deleted after the 7 years.

Here is the kicker...after they were deleted my score tumbled I was told my AAoA changed when those bad accts came off. I was really frustrated, I had carried those around for years predatory lenders who did tricks like lowering the limits to make them look maxed out. They fixed it so I couldnt go anywhere else for credit.

The predators just got in line.

Okay my point.....just this month. The bad card that wouldnt go away is back on my credit report! Now, it is showing as "paid as agreed"? I wanted to make some calls and have it deleted again. What stopped me is the date shows as 2001. All of my other credit card accts are only 3 years old or newer. None of the older cards are there except this one. Now, its showing as a positive account after years of false reporting.

What are your thoughts? Why would they come back after riding my back for years as phony charge offs?

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Could they harm me in some way?

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 680 EX 731 TU 697
Current Score: EQ 742 EX 752 TU 743
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This is Odd..Any Ideas in here?

who knows, just let it ride and take the extra AAoA with you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
stillirise
New Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

who knows, just let it ride and take the extra AAoA with you.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. I just didnt know what their strategy was. They dug in and choked me for a long time.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Any negative posting at this time would be a violation.  They probably will never update again.  So you should be good.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
stillirise
New Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Any negative posting at this time would be a violation.  They probably will never update again.  So you should be good.

Thanks Shogun.....

It is really a strange situation. They were in violation when they kept reporting it as a negative item. Then they made it 2....

Only one of the bureaus listened to my disputes. The others kept saying it was verified. It was never late because it was paid automatically every month. They started charging me late fees on my extra payments when I started paying them down!

"We see you made a payment on the 15th it's considered late." 

They charged late fees on the extra payments...

What bothers me the most is that rules and laws may be in place but they are not enforced.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.