Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is hard work...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is hard work...

That makes since. I guess I just thought it would make a difference since it is only my second open revolving tradeline. It reported today on Experian and I got an 8 point rise. Equifax just moves so much slower than EX and TU and it needs the most help. 

I'm so frustrated because I thought NFCU used FICO and since it had been raised over 70 points I applied again and they denied me with a score almost 100 points less than my current FICO! Ahhh. Since I've been doing work my FICO has raised exponentially, but the score they used hasn't. What gives? :-( 

Message 21 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may be using FICO 4, rather than the newer FICO 8. Or it may be the Bank Enhanced version. If you purchase a one time report+score from here it will give you about 5 different FICO versions - FICO 8, FICO 4, Bank Enhanced, Auto Enhanced, etc.

Its not unusual for the FICO 4 to be signifigantly different than the FICO 8, several people have reported 100 point differences.

Message 22 of 52
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 23 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

God is really on my side with this may sound silly, but I actually pray for Him to help me with this credit repair journey. Got news today that my charge-off from Macy's has been recalled from the CA without me doing anything and Macy's is willing to work with me directly. I had been in talks with the old CA agency, then last week got a letter that a new CA had taken it over and boom I call today to see if they could recall it and it had already been done. Miraculous! Also stumbled across info to try to get some inaccurate reporting from them corrected. I truly believe God led me to this site. 

Message 24 of 52
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

You're frustrated, you're up, you're down, you're happy, you're sad , you're plowing thru, you're taking 2 steps back.  I know it all too well and believe me and the rest of the good folks on here, it will get better, your efforts will pay off and your overall frustration will diminish.

You just begun and I can also tell you that having that measly 500 CL from NFCU is a wonderful thing. Watch that account like a newborn baby and Navy will treat you right. Before you know it you'll be at a 10k limit or more.

Good luck on your journey, much better days are ahead . Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 25 of 52
olive_oyl
Valued Member

Congratulations on the progress you have made!  

I started in the mid 400s around August of last year.  This forum does help alot. I agree with others when they say that removing the negative and growing the positive at the same time is important.  Cap One has a pre qualify site and your scores are near where mine were when I got the Quicksilver 300 CL and Platinum 1000 CL. So I have those two and a 1st Progress secured.  

Stressful but so rewarding in the end.  Great job and Good luck!!

Message 26 of 52
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info and words of encouragement. I'm so frustrated by these companies that report inconsistently across the three bureaus. They all report more lates to Equifax than the other twos bureaus. Experian and Transunion fixed a lot of stuff when I disputed it that Equifax will NOT! I've recently gotten two accounts fixed on Equifax through the companies themselves. Can Midland Funding report as the original creditor on Equifax and report on Transunion and Experian as collections showing the correct OC? I sent them a direct dispute and called to check the status and of course talked to a very hateful and uninformed CSR that was clearly just reading from a script, he told me they sent a letter of response out on the fourth and I still haven't gotten it. Ugh, they frustrate me. 

LOL, Midland is like satan.  Midland will illegally report in order to inflict maximum damage to your credit report (and to force people to come to the table and negotiate).  The tactic works for them, unfortunately.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 27 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am overjoyed to report I received an email from the office of the president for First Premier Bank at 5:23 pm stating:
This is in response to the correspondence we received from you on April 17, 2015, and from the Better Business Bureau on April 23, 2015.
You included documentation that reflected discrepancies in credit reporting. For this reason, we requested that this account be deleted from the consumer reporting agencies. Please allow approximately 30 days for the update.
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Now, should I email them back asking for something in writing that they won't reinsert

Now, on EQ they had (not joking) 13 90 day or more lates (they updated when I disputed it with CRA), 2 60 day lates, and 2 30 day lates in the last two years, I should do see a pretty good bump ffrom this I hope! You think? The 90+ are as recent as last month going all the way back to March 2014 showing CO each month.
On EX, they had 4 90 day, 2 60 day and 2 30 day lates, hopefully get a bump from that too.
On TU they reported no payment history but I hope to get a small bump for having a CO with a balance removed, not to mention on that also in references to EQ and EX. the balance is $469.  

Message 28 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an email today from Credit One bank amnd they are deleting their tradeline too.  Woohoo...due to inaccurate reporting. Midland has the account now and they're putting up a fight, but they are reporting wrong, so I'm fighting right back! 

Message 29 of 52
camera_jen
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with Midland.  Fortunately, because it is set to drop off soon, I was able to get an early exclusion from TU and EX.  Still working on EQ, they are difficult.  The thing that kills me is the original debt aged off and I didn't pay a dime to Midland, yet EQ still won't remove it in dispute.

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.